• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frozen Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
An expedition into the wastelands of the far north. I may or may not make a cinematic out of this terrain :con:

Attachments

• tundra2.jpg
    tundra2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 271
  • tundra1.jpg
    tundra1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 296
Level 34
Strong use of doodads, tile variation, and height variation! Although it's not amazing, it's good for what it is. Would fit well in a cinematic.

Level 36
Here is the terrain without units and some bigger trees.

@Karzvitch, There is usually only snow in the mountains, and this is meant to be a kind of low-elevation, borderline between frozen and temperate place, like Alaska or something <_<

Attachments

• terrainnounits.jpg
    terrainnounits.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 212
Level 34
Definitely looks like a frozen tundra. I really like the mountains in the back. Didn't notice them at first.

Level 6
Looks amazing! I love how empty feeling they look, gives a good feeling to it, like the place just goes on forever. Also, I know I have seen those trees before. Are they the dead tree's on wc3c website?

Level 36
the hills in the background look empty, even for a frozen wasteland you should probably throw a tree or two on each one, that should make it look a little better.

I considered that, but you're supposed to focus on the foreground more than the background, and I think it gives a cool transition from tundra to uninhabitable, infertile barren of ice and snow. (me being eloquent)
And it would be really hard to get the scaling right and still have it look good. (me being lazy)

Level 34
I think trees would ruin the mountains. From that distance you wouldn't be able to see them.

Level 6
I have UTM, but rarely do I look at it. Most of the time when I'm looking for a model, it doesn't have it so thats why. But anyway, I'll check it, thanks Gilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.