1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the entries of the latest Mini-Mapping Contest: Stealth! Cast your vote for here!
    Dismiss Notice

Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Drazhar, May 11, 2011.

1. Drazhar

Drazhar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.
    Please make sure your game is correctly installed, and that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, and try again.

Okay so I go to try load Frozen throne today and this comes up, I tried reinstalling the game and it didnt help. I have no idea what caused this, I was playing warcraft last night and didnt add anything before I went to bed, the last thing I did was played a custom game which i've played multiple times before... How did this happen? More importantly, how do I fix it :(

Edit: my game is an official version. I've troubled-shooted this on google and found a few solutions but none have helped so far, such as the installation of vcerdist_86 - which im not even sure is actually installing because it get's to the "Gathering Information" bar, sits there for a like 20 seconds and then just closes, so i'm unsure if it's even sucessfully installed or not.

2. Bond009

Bond009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. Drazhar

Drazhar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for responding Bond009. I actually managed to fix it. After uninstalling and reinstalling and installing other crap to try and fix it I realised that after I installed the game (for the third time) and tried to launch it, my firewall subtley says down the bottom of my screen "Threat detected: removing War3.exe." I was like, "oh you son of a bitch" The oddest thing is though that it decided to do that today, it's never done it before. The firewall I use is AVG, which is usually pretty reliable and it doesn't usually remove something without asking first, It also would remove it even after I tried 'restoring' it and opening warcraft again. So in my rage I planned on uninstalling AVG completely but my gf suggested turning off it's ability to scan exe files, this will leave me a bit vulnerable to them but as long as I dont go around double clicking sketchy looking links I should be fine. Either way, i'm relieved that it's fixed and thank you for your help + rep. So if anyone else has this problem try looking at your virus scanner, i'm not sure why mine decided today that warcraft was a threat but it may help to know that they can do.

4. Crazed_seal2

Crazed_seal2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Go to Resident Shield
    > Exceptions
    Add the path of your Warcraft 3 Directory.

5. miyagi

miyagi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same problem.

Same Problem

The AVG fix worked.

Much Love Guys

6. Drazhar

Drazhar

Resources:
    Resources: