• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Frozen Kings Demo Version (Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Frozen Kings Demo

This map is strictly for demo uses and for review at the Hive.

The story is as goes:
You rise from your slumber of 2000 years; something you're baffled to have gone through. You awake to the deep winter in which has frostbitten your searing heart. You try to keep it together, hoping to find answers in the icey wastelands.

Game mechanics(just so you're ahead of the game):
1. Pressing "R" to dash will increase movespeed briefly.
2. Pressing "T" will evade incoming enemy attacks. It might be hard to evade melee attacks but you'll get the hang of it.
3. Pressing "F" later in the game allows you to see the BODY HEAT option. It starts from 499~500, and decreases every 1.2 seconds. If it reaches 0, your player dies.
4. Stats won't increase armor, HP, mana. It literally does nothing. The only use stats are for is buying equipment. Buying equipment costs gold AND STATS. You might need an equivalent amount of strength to buy something.
5. Carrying around equipment slows your movespeed, so don't exactly put on full sets of armor if you're playing the speedrun type.
6. BOSSES are the main focus in this game. I'm planning to make them very memorable and eyeballing bossfights; not just some right clicks in the game.
7. Bossfights have NO arrangements and you can choose who to battle first depending on your paths chosen. There is one exception: to finish the game you have to defeat every boss.

So, there's one playable hero just for demo, hope you like it.
Please suggest ways to improve this game, AS WELL AS THE HERO SELECTION.

Thanks!

Attachments

• frozen kings map.w3x
    107.7 KB · Views: 94
Level 5
If you're having problems with the evade, tell me how to actually SLOW the attack animation of the melee units to make it easier to time. If you're asking to replace the evade, I'll have to rethink because I love the evade concept.

Level 5
Hey man, I'm doing a similar map but a different history, I also have a hard to land dodge skill, and the stats does nothing to the character, maybe I will post the first mission as a demo soon too as you did, but I'm still developing it.

I'm gonna try your map now =)

Level 5
Hey man, I'm doing a similar map but a different history, I also have a hard to land dodge skill, and the stats does nothing to the character, maybe I will post the first mission as a demo soon too as you did, but I'm still developing it.

I'm gonna try your map now =)
Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm postponing the development of this map. On another site this demo was badly reviewed. They say the idea is good but I don't have enough knowledge as to how it will work out. I'm doing a bossmap now, Revival of the Lich if you want to try.

Also, If you have a similar map, then I would LOVE to try it. Send me the link of the demo.

Level 5
Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm postponing the development of this map. On another site this demo was badly reviewed. They say the idea is good but I don't have enough knowledge as to how it will work out. I'm doing a bossmap now, Revival of the Lich if you want to try.

Also, If you have a similar map, then I would LOVE to try it. Send me the link of the demo.
Hey, sorry for being late, I was editing it, I thought that I replyed you a while ago, but I was mistaken, sorry for that.

Here is the link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/i-need-feedbacks.285976/

Witch other site would you advise me to post it?

Level 5
Hey, sorry for being late, I was editing it, I thought that I replyed you a while ago, but I was mistaken, sorry for that.

Here is the link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/i-need-feedbacks.285976/

Witch other site would you advise me to post it?

Im gonna try your map when I have the time.

My advice, don't post anywhere but here. Hive is a good community it's most likely viewed by more people. EpicWar is also viewed a lot but it doesn't give comments, only ratings. The Helper.Net is not that reliable. Moreover, Hive is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.