• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frog Garden Survival 0.21d

bannerqu.jpg

Story :
-------------

One day, a group of friends going on a vacation with a ship. On the way to their destination, they're attacked by flying creatures. The ship exploded and they all fell into an unknown island full of frog armies led by a vicious creature who preyed on everyone who crossed the island, the God of Frog. The group must fight the frog armies and defeat all the frogs in order to escape from the island. Will they succeed on their quest? Or fall as preys for the hungry frogs?

How to Play :
---------------------------

Uses the resource gained to buy weapons, upgrade weapons, armor, and other stuff to defense your self from the waves of unique frog. Tries to search or create (with walls) for some narrow place to defense your self so that the frogs can't attack you at once. Makes a good strategy with you team to defeat every waves of frog like (strength heroes tank at the front line, agi heroes come after it, and int heroes attack from the bottom line)

Every monster in this game has it own unique abilities, some monster especially bosses have abilities that can kill you instantly if you are to late to dodge it. And one that need to be remembered the only type of hero that can tank is strength type heroes (Agi heroes can tank at early level but in the middle game it will lost his ability to tank).

Every weapon can be upgraded at Black smith in the middle of the map, just buy the required item to upgrade (read it on the item tooltip) and the item will be instantly upgraded. Wall and First aid can be bought with lumber (gained by kills) instead of gold.

Monsters Info :
---------------------------

Level 9 : Macho Frog

machofrog.jpg

Macho frog have a powerful attack on it's level so int and agi heroes should have a little attention to their hitpoints.

Level 10 : Frog Commander

frogcommander.jpg

Abilities : Summon Frog Witch Doctor
Frog Witch Doctor Abilities : Heal Frog commander for 5000 hitpoints when it was killed.

Level 20 : Kungfu Pandarian

kungfupandarian.jpg

Abilities : Summon Pandarian Junior, Master's Slam, Revenge
Master's Slam : Kungfu Pandarian strikes the ground dealing 1500 damage and stun enemies unit for 1.5 second.
Revenge : When Kungfu pandarian sees another kungfu pandarian dies, he will gain +5000 attack damage and 30% movement and attack speed.
Ultimate Stomp : Kungfu Pandarian flies to charge for a very powerful attack, after 3 second he will strike from the air with a very massive damage.

Level 25 : Demigod Frog

demigodfrog.jpg

Abilities : Cleaving Attack, Pulverize, Darkness Sphere, Darkness Bomb, Darkness Realm.
Darkness Sphere :Creates a force of dark energy in a area that will slow movement speed for 80% and 1200damage/sec to any unit that contact with it.
Darkness Bomb : Creates a bomb that will explode in 8 second, which deal up to 15000 damage.
Darkness Realm : Aura increase nearby allies unit's attack by 30%
Darkness Seal : Sealing a target hero to completly disable it to move, deal 500damage/sec until die or until the sealed is destroyed.

Level 35 : God of Frog

godoffrog.jpg

Abilities :Unknown

Screen Shot
----------------------

85612964.jpg

89624580.jpg

35025908.jpg

71969379.jpg

25105442.jpg

13567919.jpg

Video
----------------------

Credits
---------------------

Special thx to the Hiveworkshop.com and Indogamers.

Credits :
- Champara Bros
- Leeroy
- Kitabatake
- Happy Tauren
- Sunchips
- Dionesiist
- DonDustin
- JetFangInferno
- Nostradamus
- Vengeancekael

Change log
---------------------

Change log Frog garden 0.17 :
- Reworked Demigod frog's Darkness Seal
- Reworked Wand Mechanic
- Change of terrains (no more messy i hope)
- Fried Frog and Burned fried frog are re-balanced
- Add a new Bug Level at level 33 : Kodok Silat Terbang (Flying Kungfu Frog)
- Change level 34 to Foul frog (with unique abilities)
- Change the summoned creep amount at level 26 - 30 to 1 unit
- Correct some of tooltips error

Change log Frog garden 0.17b :
- Add -autocast to turn wand autocast mechanic on or off
- re-balance all bosses (higher hitpoints and regenation and 250 minimum movement speed)
- re-balance every frog heroes (higher hitpoints)
- small terrain change
- re-balance wand damage (from 1/1.8/2.6/3.4/4.2 to 1/1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6)
- Change the cost of armor upgrade from 2300 to 2000

Change log Frog garden 0.17c :
- fixed a bug about collision size
- reworked autocast mechanic

Change log Frog garden 0.17d :
- fixed a bug with item creation that make an unlimited gold
- fixed Kungfu Pandarian collision size
- Add a bigger Regeneration rate for Demigod and God of Frog

Change log Frog garden 0.18 :
- New Terrain
- New Cinematic
- New Storyline : The Fall
- Boss improved
- Some abilities got new animation
- Add GPS System for Sharing vision through player\
- More Horror

Change log Frog garden 0.18b :
- fixed the annoying music and sound effect

Change log Frog garden 0.19 :
- Change Boss Ability for Frog Commander and Kungfu Pandarian (More unique Abilities)
- Change Purple Man ability from Stelar Punishment --> Stelar Protection
- Change Old Man ability from Killer Instinct --> Amplified Damage
- Change Old Man ability from Amplified Damage --> Hell Form
- Reworked Big Khali's Wrestler Slam
- Empowered Turret's
- Add maximum amount of turret to 5
- Fixed some tooltip error
- Fixed some bug

Change log Frog garden 0.19b :
- Reworked Gun System
- Fixed Build Turret bug that has 0 Cooldown
- Re-Balanced Frog Commander Boss
- Add Flame Strike to Fire Panda Boss
- Add Winter Essence skill for Kelthuzoon

Change log Frog garden 0.20 :
- Bind skill shortcut to QWER
- Added Frog Captain for each wave below level 25
- Replace First aid with potion
- a TONS of original CUSTOM ABILITIES (no more lame howl etc)
- New hero : Saint Benedict (pure Support)
- Rebalance hitpoints of early level (no more one skill all die)
- Added new skill for Frog Commander and God of Frog
- Demigod Frog's Darkness Sphere now will casted on heroes instead casted randomly

Change log Frog garden 0.20b :
- Rebalance Forest guy's Forest Dance ability damage
- Fixed minor bugs

Change log Frog garden 0.20c :
- Fixed Chain Heal bug

Change log Frog Garden 0.21 :
- Added mana to every intelligent heroes
- Added chance for every Bosses to drops Legendary Items
- Added 3 new Wall (Wind, Earth, Fire Crystal with unique buff)
- Fixed Old Man;s The Damned Claw skill not working
- Rebalanced every bosses wave for single player play
- Rebalanced most of heroes and frog
- Added buff for every Frog's Captain
- Gives ability for Strength heroes to gain threat by using their offensive skills
- New map preview

Chang log Frog Garden 0.21b :
- Fix some minor bugs

Change log Frog Garden 0.21c:
- Fix bug that causes game would never be defeated when someone left the game\
- Increase every bosses movement speed
- Level 31 changed from fried frog to Rhasta
- Decrease Hero Selector's collision to 1

Solo Play are NOT RECOMMENDED

Feedback and comments are very welcome.

Keywords:
frog, garden, survival, heroes, pantat, kematian, upgrade, pimp
Contents

Frog Garden Survival 0.21d (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Message :: Hive Staff」 » Date:[c] 「22/Feb/2013 20:16:37」 » Reasons: » Comment: Re-rating on request. Moderated version: 0.19b + New neat intro + Improved terrain - Very badly written quests (write shorter...

M

» Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Message :: Hive Staff
» Date:[c] 22/Feb/2013 20:16:37
» Reasons:
» Comment:
Re-rating on request.
Moderated version: 0.19b
+ New neat intro
+ Improved terrain
- Very badly written quests (write shorter sentences, add colors, etc.)
- Bad spell hotkeys (Use QWER)
- Still a lot of boring default spells (Howl of Terror, Demonic Presence, ...)
- Comprehensible English, but still very lacking and it almost hurts to read things
- Boring hero models (No real epic feeling)
Acceptable
[tr]​
» Rules: [c] Map Submission
» Contact: [c] Staff Contact
! 'Reasons' are automated !

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Jan/07 13:36:05

Reasons:

Other:
Check out the models section for custom models made by the community: Models Section
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: Reviewing this on request:

Gameplay:

The main gameplay is pretty simple, just like any other survival map, waves of enemy units spawn and come to kill you, along with some boss waves as well.
But the unique thing about this would be the armor&weapon upgrading system, allowing you to buy a sword/axe/wand (and armor), no matter what class you've picked and upgrade that item to higher levels, granting the item stronger versions of its special ability. The upgrading process is also fairly easy, almost no guide is needed.
And there are also model attachments for each item, which really make your hero look like a pimp and all flashy.
However, the neat part ends there. The heroes all have boring skills, some of them are just the default ones, the other ones are plain boring and don't really have amazing special effects which would satisfy the player for each kill. By picking the Dark Mage for example, I'm expecting multiple AOE spells with massive special effects and sound effects alike, not just one AOE spell with a boring effect and an armor reducing howl, that is just the most boring skill ever.
The early bosses are fairly easy and not that complex, the ones attacking later on get better special abilities, but some boss stages would be quite interesting.
As for the waves, a lot of them look the same and thus make it quite repetitive and boring and almost none of them have any active skills.

Terrain:

The environment is an average terrain, it's well filled up and not flat, along with a lot of things moving in the surrounding, but everything looks rather messy and especially the badly placed fences.
Custom tree models etc. would definitely make the terrain bloom and more attractive.
Also never use the blizzard lightning bolts, those are the ugliest things ever made.
Just check the models section, there are hundreds of amazing doodads to use.

Other:

There's an ok cinematic in the beginning, but not that amazing, also add a fade filter in the beginning, so that the cinematic doesn't just start right away.

Next, add more info about each hero.
Maybe add upgrades for poor walls.
Maybe bind the skill hotkeys to QWER.
Make the item and skill tooltips shorter.

Overall:

An ok survival map, with a unique upgrading system, but an overall lacking gameplay factor and messy terrain.

Rating: 3/5
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Suggested Players: Whatever
Please be more specific.

Testing when I've got the time.
Edit:

[+] Acceptable terrain (too flat)
[+] OK gameplay (not really original)
[-] Not a lot of custom spells
[-] Grammar
[-] Not a lot of items
[-] Boring

This needs a lot of improvements to make it a little bit fun, but I'd rate it 1.5/5 -> 2/5, Vote for approval.

Level 4
Please be more specific.

Edit:

[-] Grammar
[-] Not a lot of items
[-] Boring

This needs a lot of improvements to make it a little bit fun, but I'd rate it 1.5/5 -> 2/5, Vote for approval.

Thanks for the comment. Yes my English sucks. Anyway any suggestion to make this map not boring ?

Level 3
Its more like, lack of items? repetitive game play.... like any other hero survival. It has to be more.... unique etc. I understand the Frog part is unique.... but it nids to have more... AWESOMENESS or smthing like that. XD I have no idea right now thou.... >.<
Still awesome frog idea concept.

Level 4
Please be more specific.

Edit:

[-] Grammar
[-] Not a lot of items
[-] Boring

Yes he should really be specific instead of saying "Whatever" ... :thumbs_down:

Voting::thumbs_down::cute::thumbs_down:

Level 3
Hey bro nice map you got there me and my friend finished it and it was preaty easy allthough we opened 2 extra waves!i think you should put more items and difficulty menu cuz it need to be little harder more new custom spells for stupid people!

Level 4
Hey bro nice map you got there me and my friend finished it and it was preaty easy allthough we opened 2 extra waves!i think you should put more items and difficulty menu cuz it need to be little harder more new custom spells for stupid people!

hey thanks for trying my map do you have tried the version 0.12 ? there are more custom spell and you can play 8 custom hero, and all the bosses have their abilities so that you can't finished this map as easy as it was before.

Reviewing this on request:

Gameplay:

The main gameplay is pretty simple, just like any other survival map, waves of enemy units spawn and come to kill you, along with some boss waves as well.
But the unique thing about this would be the armor&weapon upgrading system, allowing you to buy a sword/axe/wand (and armor), no matter what class you've picked and upgrade that item to higher levels, granting the item stronger versions of its special ability. The upgrading process is also fairly easy, almost no guide is needed.
And there are also model attachments for each item, which really make your hero look like a pimp and all flashy.
However, the neat part ends there. The heroes all have boring skills, some of them are just the default ones, the other ones are plain boring and don't really have amazing special effects which would satisfy the player for each kill. By picking the Dark Mage for example, I'm expecting multiple AOE spells with massive special effects and sound effects alike, not just one AOE spell with a boring effect and an armor reducing howl, that is just the most boring skill ever.
The early bosses are fairly easy and not that complex, the ones attacking later on get better special abilities, but some boss stages would be quite interesting.
As for the waves, a lot of them look the same and thus make it quite repetitive and boring and almost none of them have any active skills.

Terrain:

The environment is an average terrain, it's well filled up and not flat, along with a lot of things moving in the surrounding, but everything looks rather messy and especially the badly placed fences.
Custom tree models etc. would definitely make the terrain bloom and more attractive.
Also never use the blizzard lightning bolts, those are the ugliest things ever made.
Just check the models section, there are hundreds of amazing doodads to use.

Other:

There's an ok cinematic in the beginning, but not that amazing, also add a fade filter in the beginning, so that the cinematic doesn't just start right away.

Next, add more info about each hero.
Maybe add upgrades for poor walls.
Maybe bind the skill hotkeys to QWER.
Make the item and skill tooltips shorter.

Overall:

An ok survival map, with a unique upgrading system, but an overall lacking gameplay factor and messy terrain.

Rating: 3/5

Level 13
I don't know I kinda like everything here on your map well people have different taste so I guess mine is weird hahaha. I enjoy playing your map dude even thou its repitative I didn't get the feeling boring until I played it 20 times by myself. I loved the terrain but it could do some work maybe making it more wide? The heroes ummm they were equip with weapons I liked that too. You should continue on making this map better,oh and why you used pitlord as a god of frogs?