• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Friendly Fire Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, I am trying to make a friendly fire trigger for my map just like the one in DotA that orders attacking units to stop when attacking friendly units, but I have not succeeded, are any of you possibly able to solve my dilemma?

Level 3
And if you want to be able to attack YOUR own buildings/units just put in:

• No Allied Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True
      • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Attacked unit))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The logical thing would be to detect when A unit is ordered to attack an ally and stop it.

This however is not so simple as the order is issued after the even fires.

The above is prety effective though however may have problems with units with 0 attack backswing.

Level 3
The logical thing would be to detect when A unit is ordered to attack an ally and stop it.

This however is not so simple as the order is issued after the even fires.

The above is prety effective though however may have problems with units with 0 attack backswing.

I see no sense in having 0 backswing tho xD so that wont be a big problem i guess.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No it is not if you null the attack speed bonous from agility or give it a long base attack rate.

Faster attack speed is limited at 400% and you are capped at something like 8.33 attacks per second. If you gave the hero a 5 seconds attack rate it would only ever go down to 1 second due to the attack speed limit so 0 backwards swing makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.