• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Freez Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Moin moin =)

I want make a spell. In this spell, a unit plays an animation and I set the animation speed while the animation to 0%, so the unit remains in the current position, as it should be.

But now, when I select the unit and right click on the map, then the unit change the animation to the walk animation, walks to the point and when the unit reach the point, it will freeze in the current position, because animation speed is still 0.

But I need, that the unit stays in the animation position, when I set the speed to 0. So can I freeze the animation, or store it, that the unit is always in this animation and only change it, when I do it with a trigger?

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 8
Peace comrade. Didn't know you we're from germany. I spent 18 months in germany. Darmstadt, checked out a very cool beach in Munich :) and spent about 9 months in wildflicken. Loved it, great beer.

Anyway in response to your question. I had a similar problem recently trying to play a triggered attack animation. Seems the game plays the default animation but would sometimes play the triggered animation.

I found that using the command buttons to give the unit an order manually worked for the triggered animation.

Hope that helped.

Level 8
Seems to me your trying to play a certain triggered stand animation. Setting the animation speed to zero would only freeze the animation if the animation ever actually played. The trick is to get the animation to play without the game playing the default animation. The only way I know to play a stand animation that works in gameplay is by the user clicking on the stop button which would be ordering a unit to stop. (this could be any order like stop, move or attack)

Then your trigger should be something like:

Event > A unit is issued an order

Condition > Issued order equal to stop

Action > Play triggering units Stand 1 animation

Level 16
Nah, I think you misunderstand me. I have the tauren chieftain and I play his "Attack 1" animation. This animation has a duration of 1.333 seconds. Now I play this animation but after 0.5 seconds I set the animation speed of him to 0.

Now he stands in this position, that his Axe has the maximal distance to him and so should it be.

The problem is, if I select him now and move him to another point, he release this position, walks to the position and freeze in the current "walk" animation.
The thing is, I want, that he stays in the "half attack 1" animation, until I play the "stand" animation of him after some duration.
So I search for a way, to store this "half attack 1" animation or to freeze him, that he always stays in the "half attack 1" animation until I reset it at the end of the spell.

Level 33
Okay, like this:
Create a custom spell base from Storm Bolt
After that, check whether the targeted/affected unit has the default "Stunned (Pause)" buff on them
Check once every 0.03s
If it has, set to 0%
If it doesn't (stun duration wears off), set to 100%

The problem is, if I select him now and move him to another point, he release this position, walks to the position and freeze in the current "walk" animation.

--> this is proof that the unit can move meaning its not stunned or anything

@Dr. Boom - if that is his spell, maybe you could just make him unable to move (maybe using Channel as base spell and checking Disable other abilties and setting a follow through time)

You wanted to "frost" the unit, but can still, walk ?
Cool.

well, that was what he wrote... its bugging me too...

Adiktuz said:
@Dr. Boom - if that is his (Tauren's) spell, maybe you could just make him unable to move (maybe using Channel as base spell and checking Disable other abilties and setting a follow through time)

Level 16
-_-; I should say, that it's the plan, that the player can move this unit... man it's hard for me in English, but think of the Bladestorm ability of the Blademaster ok? Somehow I want make a spell like this for the chieftain, that he stretch his axe out, freeze in this animation then and start spinning ( I do this with triggering, this spin) and like it is by the Bladestorm ability, the player can move the unit, so he can walk with the Chieftain, where he wants, for some duration. Then after this duration, I set speed to 100% and play stand animation.

Hope this understandable now and sorry I can't explain things in English -_-;
But else if you don't get it, I finish one other spell, then I create this one for the Chieftain, then you see the plan I'm talking about.

Level 16
Öhm ... I think you think the same like me .. yes

Edit:
That you can see what I think of: Place a Tauren chieftain on the map and make this trigger for him then:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play Cairne Bloodhoof 0014 <gen>'s attack animation
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change Cairne Bloodhoof 0014 <gen>'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Unit - Make Cairne Bloodhoof 0014 <gen> face ((Facing of Cairne Bloodhoof 0014 <gen>) + 45.00) over 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Unit - Make Cairne Bloodhoof 0014 <gen> face ((Facing of Cairne Bloodhoof 0014 <gen>) + 45.00) over 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
And this spin I want just faster and longer and better.

Level 20
Wait a moment,i misread your problem.
You want your tauren to stay in that animation and spin even while moving/walking?
I don't think that's possible without some custom movement system or without adding a custom animation for tauren that would look as if he's spinning (like blademaster).

Status
Not open for further replies.