• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Free 3ds max license for students!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone has posted this already and I don't know if this is known. However, today I got told that students can get a free, full copy of 3ds max 2012. And yes, it works.
http://students.autodesk.com/
Sign up, enter your university, state that you are a student and are only using it for non-commercial use (not even in the lab at your university. Only for personal learning purpose).
You get a key and a 3.1 GB download.
After activating and installing there runs a last check including your login.

Greetings,
Justify

Level 13
I don't know how long the license lasts afterwards. The purpose ends at the end for sure.
I still have 4 years left, but never knew there is this free version. Everyone said that they are only cheaper, like CS5. However, now there is a chance for all students without using cracked versions or hoping for the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.