• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Freak Show II V 0.03

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I have created this map by myself. There are tow teams playing against each other, each team can have 3 player max.

Keywords:
DotA, Freak Show
Contents

Freak Show II V 0.03 (Map)

Reviews
13:22, 20th Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Multi-upload

M

13:22, 20th Feb 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected
Multi-upload

Level 10
yay hi there.
here is my review:

the game itself seems like dota, just cheaper :)
i see you are a great dota fan and it is totally okay if you create a map which is similar to dota.

if you want to create a good map, you need to fulfill some bullet points.
although you have spent a lot of time and enthusiasm to create this map, you did your job not that good.
this is no offence, i just want to tell you the things you can make better.

First of all, and this is the most important point, you have to introduce the map to new players very well so they can learn how to play it.
If the game lacks description it is often hard to follow the aims of it.
When i started playing your map, the first thing that came to my mind was "where can i pick my hero?". some people like you and me will search for them anywhere, but others have no clue.
At this point i would recommend your to set the cam to a hero-pick spot where you put all your hero taverns together.

The next thing is the terrain.
Especially for a kind of that game, the terrain is very important, because it is the area, on which you walk around with your hero.
I may be wrong, but i think you have not spent much love with creating a cool terrain. You should make an update and spice it up a bit :)

Finally, the gameplay itself:
As i have mentioned before, it is a kind of dota map.
You have created many different spells for many different heroes.
This is very nice because you dont get bored fast.
You have also placed some secret shops. This fact makes the game also very funny.
The whole map is just quite small and this caused the sent mobs not to walk very far. I think this is a thing if favour, but i do not appreciate this.

All in all the idea of the map is quite good, no wonder, it is dota and how can most of the people not like it? :) (Personally i dont like dota, but this is no issue of that review)
Just the implementation is not very good, i have mentioned most of the reasons in the upper lines.

One thing i forgot to tell you:
The triggers are very leaky. This fact tells me that you are not working with world editor very long. If you want to create a good map, learn ho to prevent leaks and how to make short and essential triggers.
Although you have no pro triggering skills, i see that you are quite creative.
Keep your work and you will be fine some day :)

Terrain: 2/5
Description: 1/5
Gameplay 3/5
Triggers 2/5
All in all: 2/5

If you have any questions or other complaints or thins to say, then just answer me or write me a priv. message.

Level 13
I think this map has quiet potential but you have much to fix :p

- the heroes raise lvl to fast
- you can decorate your map a little more, I think there are many toturials in the forum about it
- the Death Knight is way to powerfull, he can have an endless number of demons
- some abilities need a better discription
- there are more amateur faults but I do not want to write them all ^^.

go on with your map, it is a good start

-----------------------------

In my opinion you should delete your both maps, the newer version isn't better.

Last edited: