• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Four Corners

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Description
A medium sized 8-player map ideal for team-play, or free for all. 2 Players in each corner, which are seperated from each other. there are 4 corner gold mines only accessible by the air. In the center there are varios mercanaries shops and merchants. Playable in single player, recommended for multiplayer.

Updated: Version 1.2 - Used Feedback to alter map, reduced number of creeps, made it less flat, changed up some of the doodads in the map, checked and fixed the start locations and changed the description.

Sorry no background story, I'm not a creative writer.

Help For this map
Your suggestions.

Screenshots
fourcorners3.jpg

fourcorners2.jpg

fourcorners1.jpg

fourcornersmap.jpg

Keywords:
melee map 8 players standard creeps working plenty of resources Village tile set undead creeps
Contents

Four Corners (Map)

Reviews
03:26, 20th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected - Huge amounts of empty space. - No item drops at all. - The middle walls should be redone (don't use blizzard cliffs for this!) - Very little tileset variation. - Corner bases can be walled off...

M

03:26, 20th Dec 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

- Huge amounts of empty space.
- No item drops at all.
- The middle walls should be redone (don't use blizzard cliffs for this!)
- Very little tileset variation.
- Corner bases can be walled off (turtling).
- Green/blue: To get to the green camps, you must first pass through an orange/red camp (or take a long route).
- Purple has 2 green camps.
- Very few environmental doodads.
- The raise/lower terrain is way too random.

Level 4
-flat terrain weird?
-more powerful hostile creep to many take out
-to far your start location start gold mines
-gold mine is good
-The map is balanced good too

This map good enough basiclly your have fix start location.
(>.> reminder drakexx first overall map Deadly Whirlwind first time)

And second
Created by Kristen ; Uploaded by: romansiiii
Pls explain what it this.

Level 16
The terrain is too basic and too simple even for a melee map. Please add more doodads, use different variation of tile sets, add hills, etc. Also the description can be improved by telling us; the background of the map, number of goldmines, creep camps, items, screenshots, etc. Here's a list of BB Codes to help you. Also please explain why the author name is different to the uploader.

Level 3
-flat terrain weird?
-more powerful hostile creep to many take out
-to far your start location start gold mines
-gold mine is good
-The map is balanced good too

This map good enough basiclly your have fix start location.
(>.> reminder drakexx first overall map Deadly Whirlwind first time)

And second
Pls explain what it this.

Krsiten is my real name, Romansiii is my on screen name, I only play with other people on WC3 on Lan, so that's why the author's name is different.

Level 6
My Review:

Pro things:
Nice terrain.
A lot of doodoads.
Nice ballanced unit locations.

Neutral things:
Nothing neutral

Bad things:
I dont see nothing bad there ^^

All rules are followed,I'll give that 4/5+vote for aproved+rep cuz that map is rlly nice:)

Btw did you used my map as inspiration? Only for info. =)

Last edited: