• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortified Troll WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've got a bit of a pet project I've been working on for the past 3 or 4 days, just figured I'd see what others thought of it. Not a ton of free hand, but the face and torso are basically all mine... Aside from the neck and mouth.

Attachments

• Fortified Troll Skin.jpg
    Fortified Troll Skin.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Fortified Troll.jpg
    Fortified Troll.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 707
Level 9
I love it, only thing is in the face where the mask is like leather now, I want it to be mail instead like the rest of his armor :p Add some hightlights to it (the mask) :D

Level 4
Nice, even though troll + platemail = no go.

Can be useful as a hero.

Only thing you should change is his weapon, because the troll moves both hands when attacking, and it'll look weird.

Actually, thats a custom model I'm working on that uses the Berserker Troll upgrade and does a throwing motion, I replaced all the spears and crap with the Shadow Hunters weapon, so he throws that instead... still working on fixing it up though.

And as for changing the mask to mail, I suppose I can try and do that, or just remove it completely... I'm not sure what to really do if it was mail, I think it'd look odd as a mail mask lol

Oh yeah and the Plate thing on trolls... See I always like to think outside the box, and this design I actually started Pre-WoW(just in case thats where you got the idea). Besides... I played a Troll Shaman in wow, they Need plate! lol

Edit -
Ok, I changed a few things with the mask(and actually added the rest of the face beneath it >.>) and this is kind of what I have right now... I'll leave it up to you guys to say which you like more. Ignore the nose, I didn't change it yet.

Attachments

• Mailplate.JPG
    Mailplate.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Level 4
The texture on the mail mask looks cool, but it wraps around the face pretty badly. I'd say keep the regular mask, or make it look more like the tatoos/facepaint most trolls have ;)

I like that idea... I'll work on face paint and scars when I get some time... The mask is overrused anyway. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.