• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken Swamp

Reactions: Rui
The swamp enfeebles this whole land, where skimping your gold is vital. The enemy is right next door and might reach the expansions sooner than you do. Beware.

forsakenswamprs2.jpg

ss1ix4.jpg

ss2gr7.jpg

ss3mt1.jpg

ss4vz7.jpg

ss5ew4.jpg

ss6ye0.jpg

Keywords:
Forsaken, Garden, Forsaken Garden, ForsakenGarden, melee, Nery, Terenas
Contents

Forsaken Swamp (Map)

Reviews
11:06, 1st Nov 2008 Rui: "Forsaken Swamp" is a 1 versus 1 player melee map, and is very well shaped. Certainly a map solo players should try out. My review is found at post #3. Approved with a rating of 17/20 (4.25)! Septimus : I set a hidden tag...

M

11:06, 1st Nov 2008
Rui:
"Forsaken Swamp" is a 1 versus 1 player melee map, and is very well shaped. Certainly a map solo players should try out.
My review is found at [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=106038#post897168]post #3[/self]. Approved with a rating of 17/20 (4.25)!

Septimus : I set a hidden tag for those screenshot, user with slow internet line would have trouble to view this thread.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's Review (Forsaken Swamp)
Map's Pluses and Minuses
√ Hive Workshop Requirements
√ Start Locations
√ Map shape
√ Collision-friendly
√ Creep choice
√ Drops
√ Neutral Buildings
√ Resources

+/- Elevation
+/- Ground-texture variation
+/- Screenshots
"Forsaken Swamp" is a 1 vs 1 (solo) player melee map.

This map was certainly well shaped, with good starting locations and well-distributed resources, and no holes on the trees.
The creeps were well chosen and dropped balanced items, something that most of the melee maps around here lack.
You even provided screenshots aiming for the Blizzard-style image of the melee map, but while they were a good idea, I would have left the effects off the others, seeing as this is a melee map – the drawing-effect does not fit. Since they are only an attachment, I will not downgrade the map because of this.
The only two things to point the finger at in-game are the ground texture variation and the elevation: the first is random, and even though it looks natural somehow, most textures don't combine.
Together with the somewhat-poor elevation, the map looses its natural feeling.
My rating for this map is 17/20, approximately 4 (Recommended).

Last edited:
Level 10
Very cool meelemap (i like meelemaps most, and i make meelemaps too)
It is very cool, reminds me on Secret Valley cuz of the middle! The terrain is reay good.
Everything fine,but you should low down the rocks to hide those bad textures under the earth,use CTRL+Pic Down (the button with the arrow down upper block from the arrows) however its in english)