• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken Dread Guard

A dread guard for all the forsaken fans...

Update
Portrait eye pupil
death amination fixed
missing bone fixed
geoset duplicate removed
animation 2 fixed
death animation fixed
Chest detail
switch weapon and shield...
selected circle fixed..
Previews
Contents

Forsaken Dread Guard (Model)

Forsaken Dread Guard (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very good model edit and useful for Forsaken style armies. Good use of textures, but rather polygon heavy. Great work.
Very cool! Only things I can nitpick on is I think it would look better (as well as closer to WoW Forsaken) if you took off the pupils and instead gave the portrait yellow eye glow, similar to the necromancer, and you might want to extend the shadow of the helm all the way down as, right now, the sharp cut off point looks a little strange. It would look a bit more intimidating, besides, especially if combined with the eye glow.

Other than that, 5/5!

I love the vibe of the model, that custom armor pieces and the way the Forsaken Crest is applied from your previous models (though it would be nice to have it less detailed, maybe not 3D?) 👍
You might also want to fix the following issues until the moderators review it:
The Death sequence has the same opening frame as the last one:
DeathProb.gif

There's also missing decaying bones in the Decay Bones sequence.
DecayProb.gif

The darkening layer of the face looks like a piece of glass right now, so maybe it's better to stretch it so that it can cover the mouth or make its edge transparent?
TheHelmet.png
TheHelmet1.png

The following thing has to be fixed anyways as one geoset cannot be referenced by multiple geoset animations:
Geoset.png

Regards! 🙌

Last edited:
Level 34
Very cool! Only things I can nitpick on is I think it would look better (as well as closer to WoW Forsaken) if you took off the pupils and instead gave the portrait yellow eye glow, similar to the necromancer, and you might want to extend the shadow of the helm all the way down as, right now, the sharp cut off point looks a little strange. It would look a bit more intimidating, besides, especially if combined with the eye glow.

Other than that, 5/5!
Actually i already added the yellow glow... I Just didnt expect the helm blend shadow will cover it up... And didnt work as i plan

Level 34
I love the vibe of the model, that custom armor pieces and the way the Forsaken Crest is applied from your previous models (though it would be nice to have it less detailed, maybe not 3D?) 👍
You might also want to fix the following issues until the moderators review it:
The Death sequence has the same opening frame as the last one:
View attachment 399248

There's also missing decaying bones in the Decay Bones sequence.
View attachment 399252

The darkening layer of the face looks like a piece of glass right now, so maybe it's better to stretch it so that it can cover the mouth or make its edge transparent?
View attachment 399250View attachment 399251

The following thing has to be fixed anyways as one geoset cannot be referenced by multiple geoset animations:
View attachment 399249

Regards! 🙌
Thx for the info... Bout the crest i noe it does not look logically ... But if wanna 100 percent follow the wow 2d crest ill need to add an extra texture... Either making the crest flat... But i just don't like the way haha...

Level 7
I noticed that this and the catapult seem a bit... off the origin point? I don't know how else to describe it. The dread guard seems a little bit too far to the left and the catapult seems a little bit too far north.

Attachments

• 2023-02-13.png
    2023-02-13.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Level 12
hello there friend can i sugest that you also do a Forsekan Deathguard and a Royal Dreadguard based on this images for inspertion ? 🙏🙏 keep up the grwat work 🙂 ("For the Dark Lady") ,edited

Attachments

• 1677490941688.png
    1677490941688.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 668978-forsaken-deathguard.jpg
    668978-forsaken-deathguard.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: