• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Forsaken Deathguard & Executor Pack

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Pack containing the Forsaken Deathguard and Executor.

Actually an older model but I was unable to finish it, but after the goblin models I was able to finalize it.

Does feature defend and cannibalize animations.

Update: 11.06.2023 Updated the defense animation as well the defend animations.

Update: 25.06.2023 Further animation and skin updates to reduce streching and deformations on the legs
Previews
Contents

Forsaken Deathguard Icon (Icon)

Forsaken Deathguard Portrait (Model)

Forsaken Deathguard V3 (Model)

Forsaken Executor Icon (Icon)

Forsaken Executor Portrait (Model)

Forsaken Executor V3 (Model)

Level 21
We needed some nice Forsaken models and would be handy since they can be really different from Scourge Forces...

Level 5
Great models, however you can still improve them:
  • "Stand Victory" animation makes the torso look weird (the metal armor becomes flexible and merges with the cloth hood).
  • "Walk 1": the right hand crosses the handle of the sword.
  • On "Defend" mode, the right hand doesn't hold the sword hilt at all.
You may also put more visuals, even gifs, it could be useful since the Hive viewer still doesn't offer a perfect rendering of the in-game.

Last edited:
  • "Stand Victory" animation makes the torso look weird (the metal armor becomes flexible and merges with the cloth hood).
You may also put more visuals, even gifs, it could be useful, the rendering in the Hive viewer still doesn't offer a perfect rendering of the in-game.
Thanks for the feedback! Will look into it as soon as possible.

You may also put more visuals, even gifs, it could be useful since the Hive viewer still doesn't offer a perfect rendering of the in-game.
Updated those animations. Also fixed the left hand not holding the shield in the defend animations.

Amazing and useful models. The legs are a bit rubbery in certain animations:

View attachment 436794View attachment 436792View attachment 436795
Will look into this as well, but this might take me a bit longer to fix. At least it isn't as noticeable from the gameplay perspective 😅

Last edited:
Level 5
Will look into this as well, but this might take me a bit longer to fix. At least it isn't as noticeable from the gameplay perspective 😅
Actually, it's quite visible and quite ugly. 🫤 It's strange, I hadn't noticed anything the first time. Besides the problem mentioned by @Wlarius , the whole lower body clashes with the upper part (including the loincloth).

Once this is fixed, these models will be awesome :thumbs_up: ; you really should make a Forsaken Archer next.
You've only just started posting HD resources but you're already one of the most promising if not the most promising HD creator I've seen in a long time, the community really needs more like you.

By the way, are you taking part in the "Creep Camp Contest"? I thought you were going for the Goblin faction.

Last edited:
Actually, it's quite visible and quite ugly. 🫤 It's strange, I hadn't noticed anything the first time. Besides the problem mentioned by @Wlarius , the whole lower body clashes with the upper part (including the loincloth).

Once this is fixed, these models will be awesome :thumbs_up: ; you really should make a Forsaken Archer next.
You've only just started posting HD resources but you're already one of the most promising if not the most promising HD creator I've seen in a long time, the community really needs more like you.

1686582335069.png

Sorry, but I disagree on that. The issues Wlarius mentioned are not noticeable from the standard gameplay perspective.
You really have to zoom in to notice it. I've been watching them ingame for a bit and the deformations aren't well visible.

But either way, I'm looking into it, but this isn't a quick fix as with the issues you mentioned. I think the problems comes from the skeleton animations being more exaggerated which didn't mesh well with the zombie body combined with the new pants not being properly skinning to the new rig. But yeah, that's needs a more hands on approach to fix.

By the way, are you taking part in the "Creep Camp Contest"? I thought you were going for the Goblin faction.
Nah, never took part in the contest. My work on those models wasstarted before the contest began so that alone disqualifies it.
It just by chance that it fits the theme well. :p

Last edited:
Level 5
Sorry, but I disagree on that. The issues Wlarius mentioned are not noticeable from the standard gameplay perspective.
You really have to zoom in to notice it. I've been watching them ingame for a bit and the deformations aren't well visible.
The model must be flawless, regardless of the angle of the camera, it's not just about the gameplay, there are the aesthetic and screenplay aspects to take into consideration, we have too regularly seen only in "Warcraft 3", cutscenes ruined because of stupid graphic imperfections ; example : Mannoroth's blood, when he slits his arm, squirting absolutely everywhere except in the water of the fountain.
I'm sure you will manage to solve this problem, your custom models deserve the best. :wink:

The model must be flawless, regardless of the angle of the camera, it's not just about the gameplay, there are the aesthetic and screenplay aspects to take into consideration, we have too regularly seen only in "Warcraft 3", cutscenes ruined because of stupid graphic imperfections ; example : Mannoroth's blood, when he slits his arm, squirting absolutely everywhere except in the water of the fountain.
I'm sure you will manage to solve this problem, your custom models deserve the best. :wink:
My point was simply that for now it is at least useable for the time being until I fix the issues. That's all.
As I said, will look into and fixing it, but it will take me more time.

Level 5
  • The deformity of the legs is less visible but it is still there unfortunately.
  • Another point I just noticed: the Deathguard's shoulder pads are too small and too forward facing, ...
  • ... the Executor's are better but the left one conflicts with the helmet, which makes me say that the Left arm shoulder pad (arm already benefiting from shield protection) should be smaller compared to the right shoulder pad.