• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forgotten Sanctuary Tournament

Reactions: deepstrasz
Competetive 1vs1 map by Tenshi

Once a hidden Sanctuary of the Cenarion Circle. This island is now forgotten and native creatures are claiming it.
Contents

Forgotten Sanctuary Tournament (Map)

Reviews
Nudl9
#1 Good layout #2 Lots of interesting visuals, easy to visually identify where you are on the map. #3 Could use more terrain height variations. Maybe higher terrain the closer you get to the bases. #4 The archways near tavern could obstruct vision...
mafe
Cant really complain about this map. Pretty much everything is spot on. Maybe consider removing the flowers near expansions because they stay there even on blight. Also givent hat this is an Ashenvale map, you could use dark trolls instead of forest...
Level 24
#1 Good layout
#2 Lots of interesting visuals, easy to visually identify where you are on the map.
#3 Could use more terrain height variations. Maybe higher terrain the closer you get to the bases.
#4 The archways near tavern could obstruct vision during gameplay. This was changed on Northeren Isles, a map from the ladder pool by Blizzard. Maybe use single columns or broken column here.
#5 All the pathways are too evenly spaced, add more space variations. Some big areas are needed where shit can go down.
#6 Juke spot for footies here (see screenshot). Footies can enter 1x1, grunts can't. May cause balance issues because it's located in a popular area.
#7 The red 27 camp is too difficult for anyone to clear in a normal game. Small maps should have max 20-22 in my opinion (depends on creep types too ofc).
#8 Cenarius area looks nice.
#9 Lab location reminds me of Last Refuge. Maybe put more effort in to make the map more distinctive from Last Refuge? I don't know.
#10 First time players won't be able to identify that theres a ramp/platform on the lab because you've hidden the edges of the ramp. Ramps are a pretty big deal because of miss chance, so players should be able to tell where it starts and ends.
#11 Level 7 camps in center are nice for Tavern heroes.
#12 There are x4 perma2 drops and x4 charged3 drops. I would make some changes for more variation. Charged3 is one of the most potent drops for UD and NE because of Greater Healing/Mana drops. Too many or too close charged3 drops is not good for balance.
#13 Theres not much incentive to creep merc. camp over all the charged3 drop camps.
#14 Always give red camps lots of space. The bear trench is very dangerous to creep (not considering their level here).
#15 Troll camp near Cenarius might be cheesed through the trees. I'm not sure how exactly, but i can see shenaningans happening here. Not meant in a bad way btw.

Attachments

• juke spot.jpg
    juke spot.jpg
    880.2 KB · Views: 126

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Cant really complain about this map. Pretty much everything is spot on. Maybe consider removing the flowers near expansions because they stay there even on blight. Also givent hat this is an Ashenvale map, you could use dark trolls instead of forest trolls.

Map approved.