• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forged Warfare v1.0

Reactions: krisserz
Map Description:
Two dwarven clans are fighting for domination of a goldmine. As much as both of the clans want it they also like to sabotage each other by terrorizing with bombs. The teams switch sides between bombers and defenders each round. Its sort of like a Counter-Strike styled map where you have to play strategic, be able to react fast and play smart.

Bombers:
The bombers mission is to plant the bomb and making it detonate. The bomb can be planted near the broken pipes or the barricaded area in top left corner. While the bomb is ticking the bombers should try defend it till it detonates, or use it for an attraction to kill the enemy team.

Defenders:
Prevent the bomb from detonating by defusing it if its already planted or by guarding the bomb areas.

Tip:
Buy different guns, gadgets and items to increase your chance of success in battle!

1:
eqcduc.jpg

2:
dpzkly.jpg

3:
okop3k.jpg

4:
2rh311y.jpg

5:
sv3yxi.jpg

6:
117vh1x.jpg

7:
24y9xg8.jpg

8:
52alcg.jpg

Keywords:
shooter, wc3, fw, fow, nudl9, forged warfare, forged, warfare, wc3 shooter, pie, evilnoodle
Contents

Forged Warfare v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
17:18, 10th Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 18
The map is really fun and well done. Good job on this.
The only thing I think could be done is to ping the location where the bomb should be planted like every 30 seconds.
And maybe more weapons ;]

And you should improve the description at Hive.

The map gets from me 4/5 and vote for approval (but improve the desccription a little bit)

Level 28
Argh... I want to approve it, but on the other hand: I just can't... I can't approve maps with a lacking description :X
Okay, I'll set it to "Need Fix" until you improve the description, once that's done, I'll approve it.

Guides:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/importance-description-127031/

[ hidden="How it looks"]

[ simpletable=Your Map]

[ center][ h1]Header 1[/h1][/center]
[ indent][ h2]Header 2[/h2][/indent]
[ h3]Header 3[/h3]

text

[ list]

[*]Note 1

[*]Note 2

[*]...

[/list]
[/box]

[ hr]500[/hr]

[ box=Extra Info]

[ list=1]

[*]Note 1

[*]Note 2

[*]....

[/list]

[ list=a]

[*]Something

[*]Another thing

[/list]
[/box]
[ /hidden]

Your Map

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Here you can type whatever you want, the basic gameplay, the story, ...
  • Note 1
  • Note 2

Extra Info

1. Note 1
  2. Note 2
  3. ....

• Something
  • Another thing

Level 24
Argh... I want to approve it, but on the other hand: I just can't... I can't approve maps with a lacking description :X
Okay, I'll set it to "Need Fix" until you improve the description, once that's done, I'll approve it.
Since when was map description one of hive's map submission rule policy?
The only reason why i am not writing any further description is because its a simple map, i dont wanna spoil everything (if i revealed everything about the map it would not be fun exploring it) and the description pretty much nails it down to the point.

If its a description is what it needs i will fix it, but i find it pretty uneccessary.

edit:
Filled the description a bit further.

Level 28
Map Rules said:
Presentation
... and must contain a well-written description to give the reader a good idea of what the map is about.​
Since this rule has been made.

Of course you don't need to give away things, that's not the point of a description.
With your previous description, I had no idea what the map was about and now I've got this very vague image...

In the tutorial I linked you earlier, it explains why a good description is necessary.