• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forged Warfare - Redwell Goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Forged Warfare

Forged Warfare

nz58af.jpg

(Taken from quest F9)
"This game is based on rounds and in each round round one team will start as the offence team which has a bomb they need to detonate. The other team will start as the defence team and must prevent the offence team from detonating the bomb. Once the bomb detonates the offence team wins, but a team can also win if all players on the enemy team is dead, unless they have planted the bomb, then you'll need to defuse it. Between the rounds the teams will switch between offence and defence. To win the game you need to be the first team to win X (default is 7) rounds."

I'll just let the screenshots speak for the game itself instead of making huge walls of text which none even bothers reading anyway.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Nice game you have. Reminds me of Halo's 1 bomb assault. Good times, good times.....
Anyways, the map does seem like there could be a small unit selection, but thats not my call. I wouldn't doubt this is a fun map.

Level 24
Well heres the list of currently planned weapons and items, i wont promise anything incase something might be too hard to create and some are just ideas.

Weapons:
-Rifle: standard weapon, single shot
-Smg: Short range, medium spree
-Assault Rifle: Medium range, low spree
-Grenade Launcher: Fires grenades that detonate on impact with units and detonates with 1-2 second delay if grenade hits ground or wall.
-Shotgun: Short range, high spree, high damage
-Sniper Rifle: Same as rifle except higher dmg, gives increased vision, longer bullet firing range.
-Bio Gun: Shoots acid which spreads when hitting ground.
-Electrogun: Once fired you can run with it and it autoaims, but the angle must be right.
-Laser: Non-stopping-powerfull-ray-killing-almost-anything-it-hits-but-has-high-cd
-Flamethrower: ???
-Razor Gun: Bounces on walls

Each weapon will effect the movement speed depending on the weight.

Items:
-Armor: ???
-Heavy Armor: Reduces movement speed slightly
-Boots: Increases movement speed
-Stick Grenade: Sticks to whatever it first hits then detonates seconds after
-Healing Potion: Heals...
-Defusal Kit: Helps decreasing the time for defusing the bomb
-Flash Grenade: Flashes white screen for players nearby
-Smoke Grenade: ???
-More to come

Level 15
Nice ideas :) Like the razor gun, hope you will use a glaive for the model.
Heres some ideas i thought up of, since you asked me, maybe you could use some?

Railgun:
Medium cooldown.
Pretty heavy, so also makes you kinda slow.

When fired, it will instantly "move" towards the target angel/point. Deals the same ammount of damage as simple riffle.
Differences between it and the rifle:

Friction Disc (sucky name, i know):

Low cooldown
"medium" weight, whatever that is.

Like the razor gun, but protectile is slower, and has a large hit radius. Bounces off walls, and goes through enemies.
Maybe it could shatter into small pieces when its gone? so it deals a little damage when it disapears. More damage the closer.

Spy Gun (sucky name again):

Medium cooldown
medium weigth

A bullet with same speed as the normal riffle, but only deals 33 damage (if max health is 100, cant remmember). But a cam/sender thingy sticks to the hitted guy, and grants vision on him/around him for 20-30 seconds.

Just some ideas i had.

Last edited:
Level 24
Spy Gun (sucky name again):
Medium cooldown
medium weigth

A bullet with same speed as the normal riffle, but only deals 33 damage (if max health is 100, cant remmember). But a cam/sender thingy sticks to the hitted guy, and grants vision on him/around him for 20-30 seconds.
Im not sure about the first 2 ideas, but i kinda like the last one.
I'd rather use it as some kind of item though, like a mine jumping onto you or something.

Railgun:
Medium cooldown.
Pretty heavy, so also makes you kinda slow.

When fired, it will instantly "move" towards the target angel/point. Deals the same ammount of damage as simple riffle.
Differences between it and the rifle:
Uhh im not exactly sure what you mean by instantly move but eh?? xD

+rep for ideas

Level 10
I got a weapon idea, if you want to use it.
Ripper
Does not much more damage then a normal rifle, but when the projectile hits the unit, it stays there for a few seconds dealing more damage.
Pros:
-Nice overall damage
-Can bring in "kills from the grave"
-Fast projectile speed
Neutral:
-Light weapon. Not heavy
-Medium range
Cons:
-Slow rate of fire (long cooldown time)
-Does not bounce off walls
-Is very noticable (you can decide how) bye other players

The terrain for the map looks great. The mine looks like a mine and has the atmosphere of a mine.
The map looks very promising. Maybe you could add in some events like falling rocks, or leaking pipes that leak liquid that slows you down or something like that.

Level 24
Oh i kinda like the idea with the ripper that you could get kills from the grave (even though it would complicate triggers for me :p).

Maybe you could add in some events like falling rocks, or leaking pipes that leak liquid that slows you down or something like that.
It would be cool indeed, i actually thought of a similiar idea which was a that there were raging a war over the surface of the mine with falling bombs going Eeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... and shacking camera with dust effects in the mine under where the bomb exploded.
The problem with all these random events is that they will ruin competetive gaming just by being random. Effects just suddenly poping up could ruin a critical fight between 2 enemies.

Well i could atleast add some effects to the bomb making it more of an explosion, atm theres just like a small boom. With shacking camera, some debris and dust effects i could make it alot more realistic probably.

+rep for ideas

Level 7
Yay, Ideas! First one that came upon my mind was damaging system;

Unit fires projectile -> It hit's -> Deals Damage based on the range of the fired projectile + how critical was the hit ( Ec. If it hit's targed's hand from long distance, The damage outpot wouldn't be large. ) So there woulda be like always a chance of hitting more critical spot from closer range based of the weapon ofc. Like from 1,000 Range, 15 % Chance to hit head, 43 % Chance to hit torso, 30 % Chance to hit leg's Etc.

Weapon Suggestion's:

Toxic Thrower

Range: 500
Hit type: AoE
Damage Type: DoT When in AoE
Rate Of Fire: 0.31 Seconds Interval
+'s: Effective at low range.
-'s: Uneffective from high distance.
Deals the most damage to: Light Armor.
Weak Agains't: Heavy & Liquid? Armor.
Description: Heavyweight weapon that throws Toxic gas at enemies, Dealing damage to multiple unit's ahead of you.

Splitter Glaive

Range: Unlimited ( Until hit's unit / Wall etc. )
Hit type: Line
Damage type: Spread / Single targed
Rate Of Fire: 4.74 Seconds Interval
+'s: Unlimited Range, Splitting upon contact.
-'s: Low Damage.
Deals the most damage to: Heavy Armor.
Weak Agains't: None.
Description: Fires spinning disc that will split upon nearby units upon contact.

Gauss Cannon

Range: 1200
Hit Type: AoE
Damage Type: Cannon Shell
Rate Of Fire: 1.45 Seconds Interval
+'s: Very high velocity Cannon Shells ( 2000 ), AoE.
-'s: Damage is spread upon targed's, So it's low.
Deals the most damage to: Light Armor, Metal.
Weak Agains't: Heavy Armor.
Description: Fires upon high-velocity cannonball ahead of you, Exploding on the impact dealing AoE Damage.

Needler

Range: 800
Hit Type: Single Targed
Damage Type: Needle
Rate Of Fire: 0.08 Second's Interval
+'s: Very high Rate Of Fire
-'s: Low Damage & Range.
Deals the most damage to: Light Armor, Liquid.
Weak Agains't: Heavy Armor.

Armor's:

Liquid:

Armor with high-tech steam system that can resist Toxic And Liquid based attack's nicely. Medium Speed.

Metal:

Tough armor, Good resistance agains't Cannon's & Explosion's. Slow Speed.

Heavy Armor:

Heavy-Tech armor that can overral resist attack's caused by heavyweapon's.

Light Armor:

Light-Tech armor that can overral resist attack's caused by lightweapon's.

Possible miscallenous item's:

Cave-Digger

Type: Bomb
Effect's: Shatter's the base structure of the cave, Causing rocks and dust to land at the point of explosion.

Medikit

Type: Actively Used
Effect's: Regenerates your hitpoints by amount, Cannot be consumed during combat.

Gl with the map :]

Level 24
Unit fires projectile -> It hit's -> Deals Damage based on the range of the fired projectile.
If the projectile dealt less damage the longer range it would force players into close combat fights which i wouldnt really like.

So there woulda be like always a chance of hitting more critical spot from closer range based of the weapon ofc. Like from 1,000 Range, 15 % Chance to hit head, 43 % Chance to hit torso, 30 % Chance to hit leg's Etc.
Percent chances in a game like this doesnt really fit in.

I cant really use the weapons and items sry xD

I appreciate your enthusiasms and for trying to give ideas :)
+rep

Level 7
If the projectile dealt less damage the longer range it would force players into close combat fights which i wouldnt really like.

But wouldn't that force the player's to move farther of the enemy instead? Because in that case the enemy would deal less damage aswell ;] Wouldn't it be boring if all the weapon's dealt always the same damage from all range's and conditions? :p

Level 7
Hmh'kay... What about the Gameplay? I haven't played the first version so i don't know very much about the interface of this map, So how's the movement & Gameplay? Arrowkey-Movement woulda be nice i guess, But if there's only one unit to choose from, Is there some kind of weapon store at the ''base'' where you choose your base weapon and so on? =D

Level 15
Okay, i guess it's okay i tell about the map. If not... well, then nudl may kill me (if he can find me :D)

You can buy different weapons when at your base. Weapons cost gold wich you get each round. Better weapons is more expensive. You control and shoot like in ET, Right click for moving, and you have a spell that shoots.

The weapon store is selected by clicking a "Idle Worker" icon.

Level 7
Yeap. What's the purpose of different type of weapon's if the firefight's are always from the same range? It's your map but i totally would think that this woulda be better with some sort of range calculator / Damagesystem =D Still, I think this is going to be one sick-o-cake-map.

Status
Not open for further replies.