• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Forest Trolls

IMPORTANT: Witch Doctor's default portrait doesn't like the TC mask. Modified portrait can be found here.
IMPORTANT: The typo in the Berserker's skin is intentional. Blizzard mistakenly made the path "BeserkHeadHunter" instead of "BerserkHeadHunter." Took me forever to figure that out. Their fault, not mine, lmao.

Fairly simple reskins of the Headhunter and Witch Doctor units to turn them into forest trolls. Forest Trolls were originally planned to still be part of the Horde in the early days of Warcraft III's development, so I thought it'd be neat to kind of use the Forest Troll and Forest Troll Shadow Priest designs and apply them to the Headhunter and Witch Doctor, respectively, while still giving them my own twist. As soon as time permits, I'm hoping to finish this pack and move on to other troll types, such as Dark and Frost.

Update 1: Added a quick alt version of the Headhunter without TC bracers, for custom model compatibility.
Update 2: Well I was originally going to do a more intricate skin for the Berserker, but I lost the original version I had been working on. Rather than keep you guys waiting even longer for me to redo it, here's a simpler one to tide y'all over.
Update 3: Shadow Hunter has been added to the group!
Previews
Contents

Forest Troll Berserker (Texture)

Forest Troll Headhunter (Texture)

Forest Troll Headhunter Alt TC (Texture)

Forest Troll Shadow Hunter (Texture)

Forest Troll Witch Doctor (Texture)

Reviews
Moy
Moy
Useful bundle keep it up!
It could be useful.
An advise, a screenshot with other forest trolls could help people to understand what did u made.
Suggestion, add dark troll skin and ice troll skin.
I'm sure people here are smart enough to understand what this is for, but I do see your point, heh.

And yeah, I was thinking I might make other troll variants later on. Want to finish the Forest Troll pack first, though.

Oh, cool! Sorry for skipping the description!
Heh, no harm done!

EDIT: Just realized there's a bit of an issue with the portrait model. Here's a modified version that'll fix the bug.

Import the model to the path: Units\Orc\WitchDoctor\WitchDoctor_Portrait.mdx and you'll be good to go.

Attachments

• WitchDoctor_Portrait.mdx
    49.1 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
hm, darn.. my Lujka model doesn't have TC on the arms xD or the green headhunter troll arms would look very good on him. would there be an option without TC?
also.. wonder if you'll do the same for the shadowhunter.. turn him green, that is

Well I didn't have one handy but it was super easy to make, so... Here! *tosses skin*

In a bit of a rush so I didn't test it in-game, so let me know if, somehow, there are any issues with it.

And if you read my description, you'll see I specifically mentioned the Shadow Hunter (and the Berserker) as future addons to this bundle. :3 They're just slightly more involved works because the Shadow Hunter is a hero skin and the Berserker... Well... The default one is kind of crap, honestly, so I'm trying to work it into something a little cooler. Stay tuned!

Well I didn't have one handy but it was super easy to make, so... Here! *tosses skin*

In a bit of a rush so I didn't test it in-game, so let me know if, somehow, there are any issues with it.

And if you read my description, you'll see I specifically mentioned the Shadow Hunter (and the Berserker) as future addons to this bundle. :3 They're just slightly more involved works because the Shadow Hunter is a hero skin and the Berserker... Well... The default one is kind of crap, honestly, so I'm trying to work it into something a little cooler. Stay tuned!

ah, the ever-present neglect to read the description, huh? xD
anyway, i wish you a smooth rework of the shadowhunter skin xP

as for the alternate hunter texture, i would appreciate if it were a regular upload in the bundle, if you don't mind :)

ah, the ever-present neglect to read the description, huh? xD
anyway, i wish you a smooth rework of the shadowhunter skin xP

as for the alternate hunter texture, i would appreciate if it were a regular upload in the bundle, if you don't mind :)
Was a bit delayed since I was heading out to town at the time you asked, but it's added to the bundle now. xP

Oh wow! I was expecting this to get put in the simple section for sure, haha. What a pleasant surprise, thanks! To anyone waiting on the additional skins, I'm sorry for the recent inactivity. I just got out of surgery a little while ago and I've been recovering. I should be back to work soon and will hopefully have a Berserker, Shadow Hunter and Bat Rider skin before too long, and then we'll see about bundles for other troll types and other fun stuff. :) Thank you all for your patience.

wish ya a speedy recovery :3

also.. i wonder if you could try doing anything with NE hunter's hall, to make it troll-style :b

Thank you! I'm just about fully recovered by this point. When I FIRST got home, I didn't even have the energy to use the computer at all, haha. I've never done a building before, but I could take a crack at it at some point. :) I do want to get the rest of the Forest Troll units done first at least, though.

Level 5
So simple, yet really effective and definitely useful! Love it ;) I'll most likely be using this is in a map! - Really love the witch doctor's face!

Berserker has been added to the bundle! As I mentioned in the description, I had a somewhat more advanced version in the works, but ended up losing it. I'll probably remake it later on, but this one should suffice. Shadow Hunter and Bat Rider still incoming! Apologies for all the delays. Medical issues, holiday seasons and family drama are not a fun mix, lemme tell ya.

Level 5
Berserker has been added to the bundle! As I mentioned in the description, I had a somewhat more advanced version in the works, but ended up losing it. I'll probably remake it later on, but this one should suffice. Shadow Hunter and Bat Rider still incoming! Apologies for all the delays. Medical issues, holiday seasons and family drama are not a fun mix, lemme tell ya.

So awesome! Will definitely use your stuff in my map soon enough ;) I'll remember the credit ofc

At last we have the Shadow Hunter added to the bundle! I know the hair's a bit messy but the wrap is very small and awkward, was the best I could do with it.

So awesome! Will definitely use your stuff in my map soon enough ;) I'll remember the credit ofc

I'd love to see it, when you do! As I mention in my sig, credits aren't required, but certainly appreciated. ^^

Taz'Dingo man !
i have only discovered those after having made the same edits myself, it would have been better if the models resides in their proper section instead of as an attachment on the first post.
Then they would have turned up while im searching, and my precious lifetime would have got thus spared the burden of performing the same thing while it exists already.

Taz'Dingo man !
i have only discovered those after having made the same edits myself, it would have been better if the models resides in their proper section instead of as an attachment on the first post.
Then they would have turned up while im searching, and my precious lifetime would have got thus spared the burden of performing the same thing while it exists already.
I'm sorry you ended up making those tweaks for nothing! The Witch Doctor's model edit was incredibly simplistic so I thought it'd be best to attach here as a side file, as it hardly warrants a spot on the model section.

In any case, I'm glad you like the work!

Hi! Useful! Can you make textures for dark trolls?
I always intended to at some point. Sadly my time for Warcraft III stuff has been very limited lately, and I lost the original PSD files when my hard drive wiped last year meaning I'd have to start over from scratch rather than the simple layer recoloring it could have otherwise been. It's still something I'd like to do eventually, when I have time again, so hopefully soon!

Level 31
IMPORTANT: The typo in the Berserker's skin is intentional. Blizzard mistakenly made the path "BeserkHeadHunter" instead of "BerserkHeadHunter." Took me forever to figure that out. Their fault, not mine, lmao.
He's right, blizzy is being good at typo.

About the WD mask problem in the portrait, you could have choose to kept the original mask in. Since that part of texture is exclusive to the portrait, i'm not sure about getting a seperate portrait thought. Still, this is good bundle.

He's right, blizzy is being good at typo.

About the WD mask problem in the portrait, you could have choose to kept the original mask in. Since that part of texture is exclusive to the portrait, i'm not sure about getting a seperate portrait thought. Still, this is good bundle.
She* xP

Fair point, though! Whenever I can get back to updating this bundle, I'll see about including an Alternate Alpha skin for the WD, similar to the Headhunter.