• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Troll Shadow Priest

The first Caster Troll of the Wildland/Dark Alliance I've been trying to create. Like all Grunt-tier Trolls, he is a little stockier than the higher tier Forest Trolls.

Specializing in Dark and Fire magic, the Shadow Priest casts:
Warmth - A weak health regeneration buff, that can be used on his allies. (Spell)
Affliction - A single-target missile, that can slow the movement speed of his enemies (Spell Attack Slam)
Determination - A channelled AOE buff, increasing the movement speed of any nearby allies within a certain range (Spell One)

The Shadow Priest's role is to stay at a safe distance, buffing allies, and debuffing strong target enemies. With his low health and damage, the Shadow Priest is still invaluable later on, once he gains access to Determination, which allows the raiding party accompanying him to strike quickly in the night, or make a hasty retreat.
That's MY use for him anyway.

Feel free to use or edit this model as much as you like, so long as you credit me for my work.

Keywords:
Forest Troll, Troll, Green, Priest, Shadow, Dark, Caster, Shaman, Druid, Mage, Necromancer, Horde, Orc
Contents

Forest Troll Shadow Priest (Model)

Reviews
Misha 4th Dec 2013 Moderator's Review: works well and it's cool and useful
Level 24
I like the face a lot this one actually has a face that looks like that of an amani troll, but I still think you should make him thiner he still looks to much like an orc.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This guy is pretty neat. I like the character he has, while still maintaining that careful anonymity of regular units.

His mesh is nice and solid; the skull-helm is a classic, the mini-cape is nice, his weapons are nice and simple; good form on that dress, too. :p

His animations are even better; lots of thought went into their usage and while there's tons for such a simple Unit (more fitting to a Hero, almost), they really give us a lot of options for spells. I especially love the Spell Attack Slam (EVIL ACHOO!) and the Spell One (MAGIC POGO STICK). He's almost like an Evil Trollish Paladin (y'know, with the book of magicks and stuff).

I might point out from a designer's perspective, that having a Channeling spell (i.e. caster is immobile) that boosts Movespeed is really... difficult to make work right. Basically, once you boost the MS of your allies, they run outside the AoE pretty quickly and then lose the bonus, while your poor caster is stuck there doing nothing. Just something to think about.

Overall pretty cool. Once again, starting to wish I had a place for these guys.

Level 5
I have a problem with this model, each time I use it, I can not select the unit (i can't select the unit with the click, but if I make a "click square" i can select the unit, but it is still annoying when selecting it as the enemy). Anyone know how solve that problem?