• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Forest Glade Lullaby

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Yay it's another weird and gloomy terrain from fladdermasken!

An old piece that I finally made an effort to finish

Attachments

• Wakey Wakey.png
    Wakey Wakey.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 451
Level 34
I really really like the roots on the... ballclops?!

The stance for the... Shinigami...?! seems a bit awkward. Not much you can do though.

The only thing I would possibly look at changing is the angle. It's good, perhaps the best, but I wonder if it could be better.

Level 36
What happened to our diabolic vampire-faced-waterfall-cave plan?! D:

Admittedly, the ballclops is a good replacement, it's entire-ness is actually pretty nice.
I somehow feel like the foreground could do with some more downward elevation at random occasions, instead of everything being a slack slope upward, for a natural look, like. And personally, I'm not too fond of the abrupt horizon/sky ending, it's not like there's a EOTW feeling or anything, it's just I'd love it for there to be some distant mountains and more sky.

Other than that, you know I don't like those flying shits. I mean, seriously, the model makes them look like their standing on invisible platforms in the sky, rather than flying.
To me those piano's really come off as being too misplaced, too much that it's not surrealistically pleasing. Oh and that lying tree on the left side right in front of that cliff/rock thing, really looks odd.

Other-wisely looking good, and fuck, I should make a terrain or something >.>

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Yeah, the ballclops just kinda happened and I was okay with it. I don't think I can do much to the open up for more sky/mountains other than maybe getting rid of the tree wall. Want it to have that deep in the woods feel.

The shinigamis will go in my next update. Most likely the pianos too.

I'll see what I can do about the angle too, Gilles. :V

Level 36
Somehow, though, it doesn't emanate a very good "deep in the woods" feel, mostly due to the single layer of big-sized trees on the horizon, if not mountains, then I say scale the tree-wall down, and add another one or two behind it, twitching the fog and all to make it meld like it should with the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.