1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The long awaited results for Mini-Mapping Contest #13 is here! Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter entry!
    Dismiss Notice

Foreplay

Submitted by moyackx
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
[​IMG]
Proudly presents:
[​IMG]
Version 2.3c.
Terrain by Ken-E, Code Engine by moyack

OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD

If you don't know what's Power of Corruption, please visit the official page for more information.
[​IMG]
One of Magtheridon's favorite pleasure grounds that was managed by the succubi family Armala. It was later forsaken after Illidan took over Outland but the family never really left. Now they hide a mysterious secret that Demons and Naga are decided to get no matter the cost. Who will win? it's up to you right now.
Gallery

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More credits...
Models - Skins - Spells:

Armel:
- Naga Enchantress
Av3n:
- Demon caster spells
Cookie:
- Arachnian Queen
D.O.G:
- Demon Birth model
- Chaos Razormane
DonDustin:
- VolcanoShieldTarget
Frankster:
- Fel hound Rider
- Fel Orc Rampager
- Chaos Altar of Terror
- Fel Orc Assassin
Grendel:
- Ogre Iron Fist (modified)
- Legionnaire (modified)
Gottfrei:
- CruelCloister
- Demonic Sanctuary
Tarrasque:
- WarQueen
- incursor (terror king)
- Naga Royal Guard
- Dragon Turtle (Transport turtle)
- Death Knight (Burning Knight)
- Rock Prison
- Demon Archer
- Brutal Lord
- Lord of Darkness
JetFagInferno:
- Spiral Aura
- Fanactism Aura
- Greater Geiser
- Aura of Damnation
- Aura of Damnation buff
- BlackHole
- ManaThirst
- Treacherous Attack
- EnergyBreathDamage
Mephestrial:
- Legion Teleporter model
Pheonix-IV:
- Naga Town Hall
Spy:
- Lava Bomb model
THE_END:
- Venom Warrior skin
Whitehorn:
- Diabolic skin
- Despoiler skin (Demon Soldier)
WyrWuulfe:
- Satyr Worker model

Script & suggestions:

- Av3n (Your valuable help with items, abilities and other stuff)
- RedDragon (Abilities help and other stuff)
- Tarrasque (Your models and feedback were very useful)
- JetFangInferno (For his suggestions and FX development)
- GaDDeN (he has been a great helper with this project)
- Kyrbi0: Abilities and some other ideas
- Tim. (Thanks for his comments and for directing WC3C
- Veev. For his help in grammar
- Archmage Owenalacaster. For his help with the AI improvement.
- Earth-Fury for Board script.
- WC3C community (for all the feedback received)

Icons:

Some of this icons are as is, others were modified in borders and/or recolored in some cases, but they are based on the original work of the following authors:
- BLIZZARD
- CrazzyRussian
- FrIkY
- Handclaw
- M0rbid
- neo1989
- NFWar
- TDR
- TripleDotta

Other Credits:

- Vexorian: For your excellent WC3mapoptimizer. This map was reduced and protected with wc3optimizer 5.0
- RedDragon: A great supporter, thanks a lot.
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.): I have an special gratitude with this clan for its support and bugs comments.
- PitzerMike: For keeping alive JNGP. This map has been developed in Jass New Generation Pack (5d).
- WC3Campaigns.net: For all the great support and hosting of this project.
- This map has been compiled using Jass Helper version 2012-03-10. Credits to Cohadar and previous authors."
- Cohadar (For improving JassHelper and keep it alive)
- Pipedream (Grimoire is too sexy)
- PitzerMike (safety dance :p)
- Zoxc
- RedDragon: Ideas and suggestions
- Red-Bones-Ghoul: Ideas and suggestions (Lord of Darkness abilities)
- Blade.dk (his war stomp spell making tutorial opens my mind to the JASS world)
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.)
- www.wc3c.net
- "Blizzard: For creating patch 1.24 and fuck the WC3 modding community

Any comments and suggestions are welcome :thumbs_up:

Keywords:
PoC, Power, Corruption, Naga, Demon, moyack, Ken-E, 2.3c, altered melee, mod.
Contents

Foreplay (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/13 15:55:58 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] I'm not gonna director's cut every one of your PoC maps, so a 5/5 will do I guess. :P Staff Contact - Rules
  1. Vengeancekael
    Date: 2012/Oct/13 15:55:58
    [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment: [Approved]
    I'm not gonna director's cut every one of your PoC maps, so a 5/5 will do I guess. :p

Staff Contact - Rules

2. moyackx

moyackx

Reserved for additional information.

3. Ken-E

Ken-E

The description is really faithful to the original terrain! I'm going to link this to the original map. I'm really happy I could help for the development of PoC.

Definitely a 5/5 from me and a +rep!

4. iChaos

iChaos

Cool terraining there! Though sometimes I think it is kinda dirty but meh. :))

But wait, isn't Magtheridon is a user in the hive?

5. torques

torques

a really nice map. fun and enjoyable, a nice melee map too. definitely an approvable map.

off topic: Magtheridon is a Hero/Creature that stands in the Outland. and yes there is a user name Magtheridon96 who is a mod. here.

read more about Magtheridon here

6. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Really nice map, I like demon race, new ideas, new gameplay.
    I just suggest some icons X,Y coordinates re-locating because it's common to have upgrade building ability on X:0, Y:2 location instead of X:2, Y:0 ^_^

7. sonofjay

sonofjay

Great partnership there, looking forward to see new maps from Ken-E for PoC.

8. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Could you please add a credits list to both maps? (Description)

9. Ken-E

Ken-E

10. sonofjay

sonofjay

@Ken-E, Venge means that moyack should add the credits for all the resources used on the map. Moyack used a lot of models for PoC, but many models was made for this project. Most of the models was made by Tarrasque.

11. moyackx

moyackx

Ok, I'm pretty sure I have a looooong credit list somewhere. I'll give you an update when it's done

Ok, credits have been included.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  12. BlackKnightTGS

BlackKnightTGS

Probably the best altered melee map out there, quite inspirational too for other altered melee mappers. :p Good to see it on other environments as well, hope there's an Icegrown Glacier version. ^^

13. moyackx

moyackx

Thanks for your comments. And yes, we're on this, trying to expand it into several melee maps styles and in different tilesets. Please keep an eye in www.powerofcorruption.com

14. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Here is little suggestion. Make map 256x256 or even 480x480 and make 10 different terrains and make host choose terrain where u will play. Btw name of map is rly cool.

15. z.ky

z.ky

Enjoyed, however you shall replace some buttons and balance prices and tech requiments

16. sonofjay

sonofjay

@Hammerfist, that is the worst possible suggestion you can make for a altered melee map. Do you know that pro melee map players took advantage of the mini-map? If you'll make the map 480x480 with different terrains, you'll just remove the advantage for players like me that uses that kind of technique(that I don't want to reveal how to). But anyway, it sounds nice actually but not really necessary.

17. TaShadan

TaShadan

looks nice
    are there people playing it? any replays? and how is the balance?

18. Ken-E

Ken-E

Some Pointers

Well, played the game couple (more than couple) a times this week. And here's few pointers:

Pointers:
    *Fix button placements, for example, if you research X and then Y would move to the placement were X left off. Should be consistent.
    *Honestly, I would apply QWERTY hot keys at any strategy game. Download Commandstring and import it to the map to gain Move (Q) and so on. When you do apply these new hotkeys, I would recommend that you change other skill hotkeys to ZXCV buttons, and so at the mid section ASDF like buildings and so on. Just set the path on Units\CommandStrings.txt.
    *A part of the Naga tech tree feels silly though, initially you could build Reptilian Sanctuary but cannot produce any units without a Ruins of Relic? I suggest that its either make atleast 1 unit available for the Sanctuary or lock down the building till a Ruins of Relic is available. I think this factor also applies to the Demon tech tree.
    *Since not all maps are going to feature water, rendering Water Essence for the Nage utterly useless, I suggest provide atleast a bonus small health regen even without the presence of water and then regeneration further increases within water. OR make a unit able to create a temporary artificial water, though this is cool, I prefer the first idea since its far more simple and an artificial water could cost a lot of problems.
    *Transport Turtle and the other one (flying) for the Demons could been a cleverer unit, since all of the current map construct is fast paced and everything is accessible to the ground, I'd suggest to create a new unit for a replacement. But then again, I think that's just me.
    *And lastly I find the tooltip WC 3 outdated, I'm going to send a template of something hotter than the original.

Well that's all I've got for now, will be playing this again soon!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  19. TaShadan

TaShadan

tbh iam not a fan of qwerty
    is it possible to have alternative hotkeys accessable with a trtigger?