• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

For the love of GOD.. HELP ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
-____________________-
First post, I'm a nub.
I dunno what the hell I'm going to do now. I've tried EEEVERYTHING.
Including, all the tutorials I can find that might even SLIGHTLY relate to the problem.

K so, I'm more art orientated than programmy.

I want to make a map... and I'm going to start by just trying to make my custom hero. I'm trying to get him in right, by doing him first, in a freshly made, basic map.

I have the .mdx model, and it's .blp skin in the same folder on my desktop.
They work perfectly in the program Warcraft 3 Viewer v2.3c but they won't open in War3 Model Editor v1.05, it comes up with = Error: file does not exist!
I can import the mdx and blp files fine, but all the custom path files i try just DONT WOOOOORK..

..on map editor, the units come up in a green checked box, and Yellow text in bottom left corner, saying Could not load file: assasin.mdx

I dont have the custom path thing, so what do I do?
Tried everything...
Guhhh. =_=
halp plz?
How do i make my custom hero!? ;--;

(I know youve probably adressed this problem a thousand times, and are gonna shoot me for it lol.
I'm not askin for you to go to the trouble of helping solve MY problem directly just yet, but just point me in the right direction please, lol)

Level 2
Yeah they're invisible ingame..
And yeah ive restarted.
And the models DO work.
They do work.

Hell, they work awesome in w3viewer.
And have some awesome animations too.
So i dunno what im doin wrong e-e

Level 2
I DID NOT IGNORE THE TUTORIALS.
I tried many times, but none of them work...

Level 22
emperor_d3st, give a little slack on this guy. im pretty sick of what looks like elitism to me.
did you but texture\ in front of the .blp file as terra and squiggy recommended? thats one of the main reasons models should work but dont.

Level 2
Nope, I tried all the ways that the tutorials say, and none of them worked..

=_=
le sigh..

This is hard, aha..

I must be missing one critical point or somethin...

Level 2
ok here is my request, all the tutorials and every piece of information you can find on importing things link me, or soemthin, I might have missed some of the critical ones.

=_= gyuh this stuff is fustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.