• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

model help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i hust downloaded the archon model from this site and trying to change a custom unit to look like this. I know there is a tutorial on how to import the model but that doesnt work. I have imported many models before, and they seems to work just fine but this 1 and the hydralsk model i downloaded. These two models not only have the .mdx file, but also have the .blp file, which i do not know what it is for and how to imported. But it seems like it is required. Is there any1 can tell me how to fix my problem or what does the .blp file do and what do i do with it. if you can thanks alot, i really appreciate it.

Level 11
.mdx files are models.
.blp files are the textures that cover those models.

.blp (texture files) must be imported in the correct path. Check the readme that comes with the models to know the paths which the textures must have. (right click on a file in the import manager and click "Modify File Properties". edit the path of the .blp files to match the correct paths, and you're done.)

Status
Not open for further replies.