1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Footmen

Submitted by Himperion
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Footman model, the body is a modded Militiamen. The screens show the process to made it, Helmet the campaign one with polys added to make the golden sections, a visor with similar work, shield... The sword is a rip from the of the millions of WoW footman circulating on the web.

The model uses Footman/Knight/Garithos and Headhunter textures, Portrait animations and camera angle from the bandit, the face uses Villager man 2 skin, and Medivh teeth.

Added Mounted version "The cavalrymen". This model uses the Knight animations modded to fit model. While is a bit fat in size 231Kb per model, it have everything in one package. Even the drinking animation to preserve the footiness.

04/12

Update:
Shield position, and Defend animations corrected.
Faulty normals on the golden parts corrected.
Cloth bones re-assigned.
Face texture changed to VillagerMan2, to give a younger appareance.
Texture on the helmet, re-mapped.

18/12

Update: Worked the Helmet shape and textures, the twich in the yellow sections is minimal now. Pauldrums re-skinned.

20/12

Update: Worked the Stand-4 to made it a bit cleaner.

15/01/2017

Added Cavalrymen to the bundle.
Updated again - Stand 4 last frame corrected, The floating sword appearing in Spell animation corrected.

19/02/2017

Removed the extra images, Cavalrymen attachment points now working as intended.

02/05/2017

Added the Halberdmen to the bundle. Thanks to Wandering Soul for allowing me use his Pikeman animations on this version.
Previews
Contents

FootmenWhite (Model)

FootmenBlack (Model)

CavalrymenWhite (Model)

CavalrymenBlack (Model)

Halberdmen White (Model)

Halberdmen Black (Model)

Reviews
JesusHipster
His helm needs to be re-textured and re-scaled. It's a nice little model though. Sorry for double-posting, I'm not used to the new system yet:)
HappyCockroach
Changes done, now all of them perform well. As I said, it's really a nice pack. Approved, and keep them coming! :)
  1. B22

B22

Resources:
    Resources:
    The helmet texture doesn't match with everything else.
    And the shoulders are somehow ugly.
    The shield are not attached well.
    And what is it that are attached to the back of his butt, it doesn't really fit. You should round it more around his belt.

2. Aleister

Aleister

Resources:
    Resources:
    The black version is so cool!
    But I couldn't say the same about the white version...
    As @B22 said, the helmet texture doesn't match with the armor.

3. Raider Neoh

Raider Neoh

Resources:
    Resources:
    The head is just large :/

4. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pretty good model! There are some flaws that people pointed out, but the black version is just what I needed for my map. Thanks :) 4/5 +rep

5. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    His helm needs to be re-textured and re-scaled. It's a nice little model though.

6. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ok, the shield position, cloth tail, and normals in the the golden sections of the helm and shoulderpads have been corrected. Next helmet texture, about the scale, in what sense, in the texture one, or the mesh size.

Most of the newer Footman have the helmet being this big, and protecting the neck area too.

7. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    His helm needs to be re-textured and re-scaled. It's a nice little model though. Sorry for double-posting, I'm not used to the new system yet:)

8. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Model looks well made, but I personally don´t like the overall look of the white version altogether.
    Those shoulders and helmet doesn´t fit rest of the armour.

9. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nice collection, Himperion. I like those cavalry men the most. It's nice to see you updated the face, looks way better.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looking interesting. Howevah', the horses could look more edited than that plus the sword is too short to hit anyone while the footman is on the horse.
    4.25/5.

11. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The horse was lazyness on my part, didn't want to remake the wheel. About the sword, in proportions is larger than the normal version, but thinner that is why it looks smaller. For me was an issue of keeping it consistent to the Footmen model.

12. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I agree, you could have changed the horse a bit.

13. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A nice pack. They all look decent and work well in-game. The spell animation was a nice addition. There's a little issue though. The mounted ones have their attachments messed up. Check the Overhead, Chest, and any other that might be faulty. I'd have them approved already, but this attachment issue should be fixed first.

(Also, please only have in screenshot those that actually depict your models. Some must be of old versions, you could remove those from the bundle, put them at a post in the thread instead)

14. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Changes done, now all of them perform well. As I said, it's really a nice pack. Approved, and keep them coming! :)

15. MouMou

MouMou

Resources:
    Resources:
    The texture is neat.

16. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice animations on the halberdier - can you transfer animations to a villagerman model for my medieval map? or do you mind if I get somebody else to do it?

17. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Vainilla villagerman or those customized versions optimized for attachments? If the later send me the model.

18. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The villager man many animations (optimized for attachments), the one with ~55 animations, not the one with 200+. Feel free to trim old animations so that its just the halberdier animations. Appreciate the help mate, giving you credits in my map.

19. The_Legion

The_Legion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why not include the Night Elf footman in the bundle too, @Himperion? :p