• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fog Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have my first terrain finished mostly, but im having issues with the fog, I have it set to dark teal and switched on, ive tried density at a bunch of different lvls but it just doesnt show up =(

Level 3
Thank you very much, now i gotta take screenies, what do you do to completely rotate? (and up and down all the way/ and side to side)

Level 3
I got that all figured out now except for how i completely manipulate camera angle and also when i take a pic how do I make it so I only see the terrain and not the editor and all that stuff, basically i can't figure out how to take good screenies =P

Level 34
F is nice, but it doesn't get rid of things that you can only see in WE, start locations, and pathing blockers for example.

Level 8
If your not confused by now...

Allow me to give you a near complete (near) list of "hot keys"

W = Shows/hides water
H = Shows/hides Blight
S = Shows/Hides Shadows
L = Shows/hides Lighting (Attached to options, will show/hide land shadows)
E = Shows/Hides Weather (both Global and regional)
K = Shows/Hides the sky
F = Shows/Hides the fog (Atmospheric fog, not regional fog effects)
G = Shows Grid/ hit multiple times for different grid sizes
B = Hows/Hides camera bounds (the blue line around your map)
P = Shows ground pathing - blue unbuildable, Pink unwalkable, white unwalkable, unflyable, etc.
N = Shows naval pathing - orangy pinky means no ships can sail

To open up tool pallets:

T = Terrain
D = Doodads
U = Units
R = Regions (Rects if you use World Editor Unlimited)
M = Cameras

To Show/Hide those "layers)

While holding Control key (CTRL)

CTRL + T = Hides the terrain with either colored frame or completely (hit twice)
CTRL + D = Hides/Shows the Doodads (all of them)
CTRL + U = Hides/Shows Units
CTRL + R = Hides/Shows regions
CTRL + M =hides Shows Cameras

Camera:
V = Came View (Turns on all weather, light, fog, hides pink doodad boxes, pathing, etc.
C = Game Camera, will lock the distance and the angle of attack to the game camera.
X = Letter box mode, cuts the image down to what is seen in cinematic mode.

To move your camera about:

Arrow Keys by themselves move the camera north, south east and west. If you have turned your camera to face west, then the up arrow key will move the camera west.

While holding the control key (CTRL)

CTRL + Arrow up = Zooms in
CTRL + Arrow Down = zooms out
CTRL + Arrow Left = rotates the camera Counter clockwise
CTRL + Arrow Right = rotates the camera Clockwise

CTRL + Shift and the arrow up key will shorten the Far Z meaning the sky box will come closer devouring the landscape
CTRL + Shift and the arrow down key will push the sky box away, allowing you to see more land scape.

As for moving the camera for the angle of attack the only way I know is through holding down the CTRL key and using the Right Mouse Button to scroll about.

To move units/doodads blah select one or more at a time and use the number pad (num lock on)

To select all the units/doodads of a kind select one of them and hit CTRL + SHIFT and the button that has ~ and ` on it (the one left of the 1 button).

Delete of course deletes the selected units/doodads, regions, blah.

If you do not like any of these control settings, you can go to the menu bar at top, select File configure Controls - every single thing you can do can be found under that.

Level 8
You should submit this as a tutorial! You always have huge posts!

Sorry I do not get into one liners - I always try to cover as much detail providing as much information that may be helpful so the person doesn't have to come back and ask many little questions along the same lines.

I just wish that some people would do the same for my questions at times....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.