• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

fog effects and skybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi

i want to add some fog effects to my map.
at first i noticed that there seems to be no option to set the fog directly in the editor, what makes it very hard to find out what fog u like most because you always have to test the map to see results.

but even with triggers i cant get the fog working. my trigger:

• fog
    • Events
      • Game - Map initialization
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Set fog's color to (50%, 50%, 50%)
      • Environment - Set fog's start height to 0.0
      • Environment - Set fog's density to 1000.0
      • Environment - Set fog's falloff to 50.0
      • Environment - Set fog's enabled state to true
with 3dcam absolutly no fog visible... whats wrong with this? are the values so wrong? i got very nice fog in my wc3 maps so im a bit annoyed of this^^

edit: another problem: i cant get my skybox working, trigger:

• Events
    • Game - Map initialization
  • Local Variables
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Environment - Set SkyBox background model to Avernus Skybox at 100.0% animation speed
    • Environment - Set SkyParallax background model to Avernus Sky Parallax at 100.0% animation speed
absolutly no skybox visible... without fog and skybox 3dcam quite sucks^^

Level 2
Yeah a friend and I tested this also
It could be just cause they havent implemented into the editor yet but i could be wrong

Level 9
I'v even looked all over the data-editor to find out how to do this, as with triggers it does not work. The only foggy-like thing I found to edit, was the fog-of-war, which is not what I need. Then I tried the lightning editor as well, made sense to me, that it would be there for some reason, it didn't work neither. The only way I found to create nice fog is by opening one of the other terrain-templates in the start when you create your map, some of the templates have a very nice fog if you create deep blizzard-cliffs. I also found something in the doodas section there might add fog with higher graphic settings ..

Good luck to others trying to solve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.