• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I seem to be having a little problem with some of my units. When I create a crater via triggers, then any of my units who are based off of the Siege Engine unit (of which there certainly are a lot of) seem to simply float over the crater as if the big hole was simply flat ground. I figured out that this is not their models' faults, and even the regular Siege Engine seems to do it. So what I would like to know is if there is a way to fix this, without having to recreate all of those units based off of another unit. I have tried to find something peculiar about the Siege Engine in the object editor that might be causing this, but I did not find anything.

Level 11
Try raising the entire map height and try again. As Reaper2008 suggested, you might have accidentaly changed movement type to "Fly" or "Hover".

Level 3
Thanks for the replies.

The Siege Engine naturally uses "foot" as its movement type, and all of those units experiencing this problem also use foot.

I tried some other units and it seems that the Demolisher and Glaive Thrower also hover over the crater, just like the Siege Engine (neither of which are modified at all). Interestingly, the Meat Wagon does not.

I'll try raising the map height, but I doubt that is causing it since only some units have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.