• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Floating combat text, crits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I've made up my own floating combat text system, and I wonder if there's any way to remove the default crit damage output text. I guess you could make a passive spell with a buff then make a trigger with random integer (% crit chance), but then I'd have to make a bigger trigger for each ability level.
And I don't want to remove my floating text, as the default text spawns on the critting unit, not the damaged unit, as in my system. Any Ideas?

Attachments

• Crit.png
    Crit.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 313
Level 28
This thread contains similar information (you basically use the same method to achieve something else).

I think this post (taken from the previously linked thread) covers most of the information you need.
The colors are Alpha, Red, Green, Blue - setting the alpha to 0 should theoretically make the text invisible (this isn't the case for regular colorcodes in WC3, so I'm not 100% sure if it will work for that).

If changing the alpha doesn't work, maybe setting the lifespan to 0 will (though in some cases '0' is seen as infinite :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.