• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Change Floating text fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi people!)) I cant change font for floating text (the text which is called as triggers, not the text rewards, crit ...)

someone help me plz.

p.s. I am sorry for my English.

Level 1
yea, in general would like to replace the my map and not in the Warcraft. eg import a different font and point the link... i do not know how.

Level 14
well...

This:
Fonts\FRIZQT__.TTF

is the path to the font being used for floating texts.
However! Importing a font on this path did not do anything so far on my observations. I think texttag font is hardcoded in warcraft III.

I'll try to find a solution, but I'm not sure if I'll succeed.

EDIT: there is also a font folder inside war3.mpq and war3x.mpq These extensions can be found there:
war3.mpq:
font/font.ccd
font/font.clh
font/font.gid

war3x.mpq:
font/font.exp
font/font.ccd

Sadly enough my Microsoft visual studio 2010 is expired and therefore I'm unabled to look at the exp file :( (too much laziness and too much other work to do to get a trial or free distribution)
If anyone can open the compiled code in a C++ environment and show it to me I would really appreciate it.
I'm really interested in changing the warcraft font :)
I haven't really looked at the other extensions yet. I'm not quite sure how to open them as of yet. Perhaps a HEX editor might help :/

By the way, I put the floating text font in the attachment of this post (for those unfamillair with mpq editors and want to have the font):

Attachments

• FRIZQT__.rar
    28.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Level 19
you cant change those fonts inside of a wc3 map ive tried.

(i changed them locally, if u can tell by my sig)

Level 20
Actually it can be changed.

Map Tomb of Jarahcon changes all the text of the whole Warcraft once you load the map. Every text in the game turns to a different font (like Diablo II font) and it remains even after finishing the map (wich causes a Crash when you play another map)

Level 1
Many thanks for the explanation)) truth will probably use local way. and then have to advise all to play my map, hmm... sad((

For now all is clear, big thanks again.

not sure, but on the principle of load systems are not able to create fonts folder "Fonts\FRIZQT__.TTF" in wacraft3 folder)))))

it would be cool)

Status
Not open for further replies.