• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Flashing images on the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there anyway to make it so that every once in a while an Imported image pops up on the screen like a screamer? Cause im making a map that a skull or somthing pops up and freaks the shit out of the people.

Level 12
Is there anyway to make it so that every once in a while an Imported image pops up on the screen like a screamer? Cause im making a map that a skull or somthing pops up and freaks the shit out of the people.

You could make the image into a flat aura model, use it as a dummy unit's model and locust it. Change visibility to fade in via loops.

Level 7
Custom fade filters rule!

I used those for my RPG as Maps, you clicked on the item, and you had the map in front of self. It's kinda cool ya know. ;)

Level 12
Custom fade filters rule!

I used those for my RPG as Maps, you clicked on the item, and you had the map in front of self. It's kinda cool ya know. ;)

Very cool.

I mean- You could have basic maps and trigger floating text on top of it to indicate where quests want you to go(red X), where towns are, or even the direction you're facing with > /| etc. It'd be extensive, but so worth it.

Level 4
Im having trouble using imported images when i import them it says its not the right file am i supposed to use a certain path instead of "war3mapimported\scary.bmp" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.