• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Flamestrike Effect Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I'm having issues with using the flamestrike effect, namely when I destroy the Flamestrike1.mdl effect after creating it to avoid leaks the effect never occurs, i.e. the animation never shows up. Here's part of where I'm using it

JASS:
loop
        exitwhen i >= 6.0
        set tx = x + 256.0 * Cos(i * bj_PI/3)
        set ty = y + 256.0 * Sin(i * bj_PI/3)
        call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect("Objects\\Spawnmodels\\Other\\NeutralBuildingExplosion\\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl", tx, ty))
        call DestroyEffect( AddSpecialEffect("Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\FlameStrike\\FlameStrike1.mdl", tx, ty))
        set i = i + 1.0
    endloop
    set i = 0.0

Level 3
Yeah, but I want to have a dozen of them or so firing simultaneously, and so I wouldn't be able to wait and still retain a pointer to that effect unless I used arrays or something...

Level 19
Well you need to make it play Birth animation
so you need to make a dummy unit for that
or use vexorian's (find it in some system with his dummy model credit)
its an invisible model with attachment points

Level 29
Many models wont display anything if you destroy them immediately.

Actualy from a lot of threads that have been asking questions like this it seems like Flame Strike is the ONLY effect that bugs with destroying it right after it was made.

You can test it with any effect you want and you'll see it plays its animation even when destroyed right after it was created.

Usually the way over this was just waiting 0.01 (which is like 0.27 or whatever it is).

Level 19
You're using JASS.. you can use locals to call variables after a duration. Why wouldn't you?
Many models wont display anything if you destroy them immediately.
--donut3.5--

this is wrong...

Do my way or pain to death

Status
Not open for further replies.