• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Fix desyncs on map init

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My map has desync issues, particularly for those who host the game. Most of the time when people host my map, only the host desyncs and is bought to the scoreboard. There are 10 players, and only 1 desyncs most of the time which is the host and has to remake until all 10 successfully loads in.

I tried almost everything already, from removing map init triggers, changing it to elapsed time, deleting init triggers, removing all getlocalplayer calls, deleting models, etc.

Any idea how to solve this issue? Really need help willing to do anything

Level 4
Last time I've encountered desyncs during loading screen, it was due to a trigger that tracked player mouse movement.

What scripting language are you using?
I have more things to say, if you happen to use Lua.
Mostly just GUI and Jass/vJass, no Lua. My map doesn't track player mouse movement.
Have you modified gameplay constants?
Yes, but been using the same gameplay constants of the older version of the map that didn't crash.

I don't remember adding anything fancy as well, just new stuff ingame (like items abilities and triggers accompanying it). Very weird that 99% of the time only the host desyncs, while all other players get through with no desyncs.

Level 11
Just tried something now, which I replaced the whole trigger file of my map to an empty trigger file, it still desyncs as host. Just figured out that the triggers don't cause the desyncs but something else. Very intriguing
Are you saying you deleted all of your triggers and it still desynced? I believe most desyncs, if not all, are caused by triggers and code. In my experience, I think there may have been an instance where a model caused desync. I do not remember if this is accurate or not because it has been a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.