• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Starcraft II Patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
A new Starcraft II patch has just been release.
Unfortunately it only contains 2 fixes, which is not much but is ok considering the game has been out for less than a week.

The first is a bug fix for surround sound 7.1. Although this does not affect everyone it has its uses.
The other is an optimization for campaign saves. It is unclear exactly what this does, however any form of optimization is always welcome.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.0.1

Bug Fixes

• Campaign saves have been optimized.
  • Fixed an issue with sound not playing on some 7.1 systems.

Last edited:
Level 1
I noticed that on the official StarCraft II website, many people were getting the message "Waiting for files to close..." after reaching 70% completion. I happened to get the same message and the fix was quite simple: I closed out of my Galaxy Editor. So if any of you get this message, try closing anything you may think is StarCraft II related.

Level 22
why should blizzard even make the patches downloadable from a website. starcraft 2 installs them by default when run.

Because you have to wait 20 minutes to install Patch 1,2,3...100 every time you have to install SC2 when the patches become as many as in beta or rather, as many as in war3 except for they will be much bigger and slower to update if every new patch creates 1GB folder. How can you deny the need for stand-alone patches.

Level 11
Um, I seriously doubt that is how SC2 works.
It is. I have no idea what they are doing, but they have patch archives in addition to the normal mpqs in the mods folder. Both contain for the most part the same data, excluding the small updates in the patch, and both take up space.

Ofc, its not as bad as it was before. Now it is ~125 mbs as opposed to 1 gb.

Level 9
On some computers, saving a game causes considerable lag, and can even affect the gameplay after simply opening up a saved games folder then closing it, the patch seems to have fixed that problem, as my laptop no longer has serious slowdowns of the game whenever I try to save.

The other is an optimization for campaign saves. It is unclear exactly what this does, however any form of optimization is always welcome.

When you had talked with everyone after a mission but didnt want to play anymore and quit the game, it didnt save the last things you did (researched,
talked to people, bought upgrades in armory etc) you had to do that again when you loaded your campaign.

Short said; Things you did in Jim's Bar, Hyperion and battlefield didnt get saved when you quit the game before playing another scenario

Level 22
It is. I have no idea what they are doing, but they have patch archives in addition to the normal mpqs in the mods folder. Both contain for the most part the same data, excluding the small updates in the patch, and both take up space.

Ofc, its not as bad as it was before. Now it is ~125 mbs as opposed to 1 gb.

Sucks but like you said, 128mb is acceptable (slightly). Like I had no idea they would still keep replays and stuff in MyDocuments. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.