• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FIRST model ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

All know me as a 2D Icon master.
Yet Im learning 3D and texturing for my project.

So after having my 3D friends teach me alot and watching youtube tutorial videos and other tutorial videos for months I finally figured out how to navigate and make this work.

So here is the first well build model I made, it is very simple, designed for ingame.
And I textured everything me self with Maya and UV headus and photoshop.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• I am the boss!.jpg
    I am the boss!.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 236
Gosh, you've got talents dude; and that's multi.
Thank you sir, im super happy I learned this shit!

Talents yes, maybe, but it was months of step by set tutorial following, 5 broken builds, and weeks on forums, and calls to 3d friends for help that made it all possible.

Thanks to tutorials on line, I learned this shit in 3 months, way better than going to art school for it and learning same shit in a year and -$2000.

Here is a better picture
And BTW, this is for a project Im doing with my friend, a TD game for mobile devices and facebook, will post more things if people are interested.

Attachments

• HHH1.jpg
    HHH1.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 153
I also learned modeling from youtube video tutorials. Some are good while some the worst. I just cant comment there because I forgot my youtube account info.

yea, I noticed that people when making a tutorial are not showing or telling every little step. ANd then I find my self stuck and no way of knowing what I did wrong or right.

Digital tutors are good, they go into little details and break it all down in simple words.
this one is good too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-lxr0Jhp0

dude, my friend let me borrow 1T of 3D tutorial videos, No time to work must watch all, lolz

Level 14
Textures are epic,but the model and it's polies are too sharp IMO,still good and is truly a work of art

Textures are epic,but the model and it's polies are too sharp IMO,still good and is truly a work of art

Yes, too sharp, I noticed, I agree.

It might look sharper than it is because it is not warcraft style, but it was a test.
My new 3D structure shall be less sharp.

And here is the new updated version with the bigger canopy tree. looks better that way.

Attachments

• HHH3.jpg
    HHH3.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 123
Level 6
Hello.

All know me as a 2D Icon master.
Yet Im learning 3D and texturing for my project.

So after having my 3D friends teach me alot and watching youtube tutorial videos and other tutorial videos for months I finally figured out how to navigate and make this work.

So here is the first well build model I made, it is very simple, designed for ingame.
And I textured everything me self with Maya and UV headus and photoshop.

Enjoy.

Yes, yes, you are the master. :ogre_rage:

Okay, i never forget all of your mighty for the hivest.
But you, is not enoght! you is below lower than Kunkka :thumbs_down:
Your model seem to be enlightment. :goblin_jawdrop: :thumbs_up:

My status here at hive is up for users to decide. I dont care who is higher or lower, I just do requests if i have time. And when I speak of my ego, always as a joke.

I need to start putting "lolz" after every statement to eliminate any misunderstanding.

Glad you guys like the 3D model. I shall post more when I will make them.
all those things shall be like a sneak peak for my project.

Level 6
Yeah, yeah. Your model is greate, just added some mushroom on trees.
The house is prety little much. more biggest it house, to occurse more realistist. :)

Level 6
:). That true. You should thank's to me for my ideas. I has plenty of good and perfect ideas (Include sex ideas) to replain it. :D

Level 6
You has much money to buy Autodesk Maya. :p
Shit, i so poor. U just use it more intresting. :).
If i get it, i will happy!
And use it for good. Make it more beautyfulnessly. :D.
How should you create the Texture?
Wicht the program you create an beautyful texture?
Please, that was be awasome.
I want create it too. :D.

Level 11
I'm sure in Maya there is also a modifier like "mesh smooth" in 3ds max. Using that you'll get rid of that nasty sharp edges on the tree, cause it tells the model to simulate a curve instead of an edge.

:). That true. You should thank's to me for my ideas. I has plenty of good and perfect ideas (Include sex ideas) to replain it. :D

I would thank you If I could understand what you are trying to say. You sound like my Russian grandpa trying to speak English. lolz

... The Maya size is 1.5GB, below Photoshop, which is about 2.0GB

You has much money to buy Autodesk Maya. :p
Shit, i so poor. U just use it more intresting. :).
If i get it, i will happy!
And use it for good. Make it more beautyfulnessly. :D.
How should you create the Texture?
Wicht the program you create an beautyful texture?
Please, that was be awasome.
I want create it too. :D.

I dont have money. I borrowed Maya from a professional 3D friend for few months when hes on vacation. And I use trial version of photoshop, when I get money I will buy student version of photoshop.
Use tutorial videos on line like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-lxr0Jhp0 for example.

Cant teach you, still learning shit me self.

Level 6
I would thank you If I could understand what you are trying to say. You sound like my Russian grandpa trying to speak English. lolz

... The Maya size is 1.5GB, below Photoshop, which is about 2.0GB

I dont have money. I borrowed Maya from a professional 3D friend for few months when hes on vacation. And I use trial version of photoshop, when I get money I will buy student version of photoshop.
Use tutorial videos on line like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-lxr0Jhp0 for example.

Cant teach you, still learning shit me self.

What the hell of this. 1GB above is so amazingly! I can't download it. :(
I just have GMax. You are lucky guy! I don't have many money too. And i not sure about modeling.
I has make an icon! Soon, i will upload it. But it so bad. :ogre_frown:
Shit, the best tutorial has on You tube! Oh no..!
I can't watch it, because my internet is so slow! My internet max download is 40MB! Woow, slowest ever. I'am poor!

Last edited:
What the hell of this. 1GB above is so amazingly! I can't download it. :(
I just have GMax. You are lucky guy! I don't have many money too. And i not sure about modeling.
I has make an icon! Soon, i will upload it. But it so bad. :ogre_frown:
Shit, the best tutorial has on You tube! Oh no..!
I can't watch it, because my internet is so slow! My internet max download is 40MB! Woow, slowest ever. I'am poor!

Lolz, hang in there man, soon, with time, you'll have it all!!!!

I was there once, with dialup connection for 6 years, slow cheap computer. I was drawing and painting on paper.

The only game that would run on that comp was age of empires, on lowest setting.

Then time passed, when I got my tower and wacom and software, I knew how to paint then!

Everything takes its time. Normal human being takes about 9 months to develop before the body can survive in the world, If sooner, lets say 3 months, the human will underdeveloped and die. For better result things take their time, just be patient, but, when that times comes, one better be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.