• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

First concept for a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
In January I'll get my own computer back and once again I will be able to make models and maps. I already created a few but I think I'll really have to start again from scratch. Since I'm alone and quite busy it won't probably exceed a few custum models and losely connected scenarios.

Features: An alien yet strangely familiar world, crude national stereotypes, random nuclear hilarity, the actual real truth about geopolitics, visit of exciting foreign places, war, giant fleets of airships, unlikely war machines, several shenanigans, hate and friendship, a road to peace

"Gameplay"

Each player will have a basic barrack structure that can be used to produce different types of units depending on the attatchements. The goal of an average conflict is to conquer the cities and ressources controled by the ennemy. The huge structures and masses of tiny infantry units is supposed to increase their similarity with ants or termites, on which they are based.

Oh yeah, all names are pending, obviously...

Ad_Absudum_Units_Color1_by_NeuStrasbourg.jpg

Neozykl_Ad_Absurdum_Worldmap_by_NeuStrasbourg.jpg

Premise

1-"We against the others! United we stand!"
2-"Wow, this guy is pretty crazy. Why is he in charge?"
3-"No one has control over anything. It's destiny. To be more precise: we're doomed."
4-"I'm responsible for my little piece of the universe. And if I change this piece, maybe I can affect everything else. It's time I act accordingly."

At the early stages of their story, our little friends won't ask any questions. They will be patriots and believe that they are fighting for their nation. The big geopolitical conflicts will be THEIR conflicts. Like children not questioning their parents, they won't question their leaders, since "a family has to stand together".
Eventually, too many bad things are going to happen. The strange decisions made by their leaders will have horrible consequences, fill the stupid with indifference, the fanatics with joy and the average mind with creeping horror.
After destroying some of the most dangerous troublemakers, they will realize that their destiny is still pointing towards certain doom. That's the point where many of them will lose hope.
Finaly, they will get mature enough to realize that they are the ones shaping "destiny".

Campaign

Flight to Victory (Campaign of the Alliance)

In this Scenario, the Pact has collapsed and the division of Borea is over. The Alliance will be on a "peace mission" in south eastern Borea. They will build new military outposts, which is awaking the wrath of the weakened but recovering eastern Pact. It turns out the western leaders are planning to finish the fallen Pact off once for all. They will be victorious. Hooray!
However, they have to discover that the destruction of the Pact has left a whole nuclear arsenal without an owner. But not for long. Terrorism (revenge of the Pact) with weapons of Mass destruction. Overkill.

Path of the Doomed (Campaign of the Tribelands)

Once again, the hegemony of the Pact and the Division of Borea are things of the past. The Republic and the Tribelands are holding big ceremonies to affirm their "ever-lasting partnership", promoting economic, military and even political union. The Western Isles remain sceptic, in their opinion the Tribelands (who have a really dark history) are gaining once again too much power. The civil war in south eastern Borea breaks out, and the Tribelands will show unconditionnal support for the rebels; the rest of the Alliance is watching this with mixed feelings, but finally agrees to side with the Tribelands.
Soon it shows how questionable the honorable intentions of the Tribelands really are. Before the Allies know, the Tribelands are betraying them, hunting them down one by one. A new alliance has to be formed to organize the resistance.
The Tribelands will be defeated: the Pact will use nuclear weapons to destroy their capital. An ugly surprise: Tribeland secret agents have infiltrated the nuclear arsenals of the Republic and now launch nuclear attacks on the positions of the Pact. Nuclear War. Overkill.

March to the West (Campaign of the Pact)

The Pact is close to it's collapse, it's having a hard time securing it's iron grip. When secrent agents from the Tribelands are sabotaging the institutions of the Pact, desperate leaders decide to launch a full-scale invasion to save what is left of the (oppresive) system they have been building for decades. They have to face the imperialist ennemy to escape their certain doom.
With their sudden assault they are taking the West by surprise. They manage to conquer most of the Tribelands and advance even further.
But the reaction of the West will be just as violent. Both rivals are suffering severe casualities, but the West will prevail. In an attempt to finish the Pact off once for all, the western troops decide to take the ennemy capital.
The Pact is starting a nuclear war. Overkill.

Road to Peace (Campaign of the Republic)

Same Scenario as in 'Pact of the Doomed', only this time, a single soldier from the Tribelands manages to warn the Tribeland's allies of the natsy plans of his leaders. The Republic decides to take action, faces the Tribelands and manages to prevent them from "doing something stupid".
Surprised and impressed by the Republic's boldness, the Tribelands overthink their plans and realize the madness of their ways.
They promise each other to "fix everything". They are trying to organize a democratic solution for the civil war in the south.
Meanwhile, the main powers of the alliance are organizing their march to the east, and the Pact it's march to the West. All nations will have to work together to prevent this confrontation from growing into a conflict that could cause mass extinction.

While the leaders of the nations involved are celebrating, they are shocked by the incoming news of a terrorist attack on the capital of the Alliance, claimed by a terrorist group from the Southern Broderhood...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.