• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Spiral Skill v0.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ok, hi to everybody im very new at this so please dont insult me ;) this spell is a Fire Spiral, wich destroys all in its way. This spell is not mine at all, i use another spell and modify it :) sorry about my english but im argentinian. Ok, i only ask for one thing and its credits, please if use put my credits on it :p Its a GUI Spell, and its very easy to do it, thanks for read

Greetings, SoporteTecnico.

Keywords:
fire
spiral
skill
v0.3
Soporte
Tecnico
Contents

Skill Espiral de fuego v0.3 (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 12:59, 16th Jan 2011 TriggerHappy: The spell leaks, isn't MUI, and is too simple. Please read the rules before uploading.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

12:59, 16th Jan 2011
TriggerHappy:

The spell leaks, isn't MUI, and is too simple. Please read the rules before uploading.

Level 12
My review:
Rating

1/5 Vote for Rejection
-not MUI;
-leaks;
-uses waits;
-too simple;
-you use two triggers;
-you pause caster (bad);
-hero must be controllable or spell channeling
Recommendations

-use [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/multi-instancible-gui-spell-making-34393/"]this[/self] tutorial to make spell MUI;
-use [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/"]this[/self] tutorial to remove leaks;
-instead of Casting Unit use Triggering Unit;
-in what language is this spell?? By rules the only language is meant to be English;
-too simple, add something original;
-this spell is similar to [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/fire-magic-v2-184191/?prev=r%3D20%26page%3D2"]this[/self];
-in event you use specific unit, WRONG!;
-do not pause and unpause, spell looks bad.
So if you read this, you will understand why i gave you such a low rating. Improve the spell!!!
Edit:
  • Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - Dreadlord 0000 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Espiral de Fuego
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Espiral_Distancia = 0.00
      • Unit - Pause Caster
      • Unit - Make Caster Invulnerable
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 100, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Animation - Play Caster's Spell animation
            • Wait 0.01 seconds
            • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of Caster) offset by (600.00 - Espiral_Distancia) towards Espiral_Distancia degrees) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
            • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Order Dummy to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of Dummy)
            • Set Espiral_Distancia = (Espiral_Distancia + 5.00)
            • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
      • Unit - Unpause Caster
      • Unit - Make Caster Vulnerable
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Activar Spell Again
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Spell <gen>

Level 2
My review:
Rating

1/5 Vote for Rejection
-not MUI;
-leaks;
-uses waits;
-too simple;
-you use two triggers;
-you pause caster (bad);
-hero must be controllable or spell channeling
Recommendations

-use [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/multi-instancible-gui-spell-making-34393/"]this[/self] tutorial to make spell MUI;
-use [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/"]this[/self] tutorial to remove leaks;
-instead of Casting Unit use Triggering Unit;
-in what language is this spell?? By rules the only language is meant to be English;
-too simple, add something original;
-this spell is similar to [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/fire-magic-v2-184191/?prev=r%3D20%26page%3D2"]this[/self];
-in event you use specific unit, WRONG!;
-do not pause and unpause, spell looks bad.
So if you read this, you will understand why i gave you such a low rating. Improve the spell!!!
Edit:
  • Spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Espiral_Distancia = 0.00
      • Unit - Pause Caster
      • Unit - Make Caster Invulnerable
      • Wait 0.05 seconds
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 100, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Animation - Play Caster's Spell animation
            • Wait 0.01 seconds
            • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of Caster) offset by (600.00 - Espiral_Distancia) towards Espiral_Distancia degrees) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
            • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Order Dummy to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of Dummy)
            • Set Espiral_Distancia = (Espiral_Distancia + 5.00)
            • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
      • Unit - Unpause Caster
      • Unit - Make Caster Vulnerable
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Activar Spell Again
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Spell <gen>

WOW IF THAT IS LIGHT HOW IS IT HARD O_O :ogre_icwydt: :eekani:

Level 5
Hey, SoporteTecnico... I thought I was one of the only ones that spoke spanish around here.

Lastimosamente, como estas paginas web son de gringos, hay que postear absolutamente todo en inglés - no sé si hasta esto que estoy posteando está permitido, porque está en español : /

En fin, no creo que puedan aprovar este spell si está en español, tiene leaks, y no es MUI.

I'll speak in English so I don't get sued. As Stanley said, this spell leaks, and therefore causes the game to become really laggy after multiple casts. Also, it is not MUI (two or more units cannot cast it at the same time), the caster is paused, and it is too simple, although I like the effects (I always loved spamming effects, it looks awesome). If you improve it (maybe add damage over time effects or something?), it could get a better rating and be approved.

Reactions: sPy
Level 5
lol, patio, I can read spanish, and I understood this spell very well..

I haven't tested it, but looking at the triggers posted, there are just a few things that could be fixed pretty easily for it to work better.
Change "Unit - Dreadlord 0000 <gen>..." to "When a unit casts a spell" so that it works for any unit, which fixes the MUI problem.
Conditions are perfectly fine to be MUI
Remove "pause caster" and "make caster invulnerable"
Reduce the number of flame strikes, somewhere between 30 or 50 is way better than 100. This cuts the lag and looks just as good to me.
(correct me if I'm wrong on this one, guys) You can reduce the number of dummy units by placing one at "position of casting unit" and making that 1 dummy cast the spell at each point in the spiral. Daelin's tutorial should explain how to make the spiral correctly and reduce the size of the trigger.

Overall, I like this spell and I think it'd be nice with a few fixes. I think it's worth a 2/5 until it's fixed, then it may be a 3 or 4.

Level 12
@urban, the spell isn't MUI because of "Waits", everything else looks fine except for point leaks.
And i'm glad that you're from Spain and you understand spanish, but by the rules all uploaded resources must be written in English!
And spell is too simple to get approved, well if he made the Flame Strike fully triggered then i'd vote for approval, else rejection.
Anyway her should improve the spell.

Also the tutorial you've posted is really great, i'd never seen it before, gotta look...

Level 3
greetings Soporte tecnico: I tested your spell, think that it is fine but maybe you can fix a couple things for make it usefull
1.- u can change the icon for this "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNInnerFire.blp"
2.- fix the animation time, bcz seems like the hero is shaking. try using loop - chaneling
3.- better use a timer for loop.
you should really consider to read the MUI spell tutorial that stanleys recommends.

pd : is nice to find known people here , saludos patio_111 y Soporte tecnico atte IO