• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Emblem Wars 2 .0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This game is based off the structure of Fire Emblem games (duh) but translated into a RTS.

Gameplay:
Each of four teams starts with two forts, two outposts, two towers and exactly one butload of money. The point is to train your units and run out and capture as much terrain as possible, as terrain control points give you gold. As your units kill the points, they level up. All units can do this, and above lv 5, they can class change into a more powerful unit. The only catch is that you can't revive them. The only unit you can revive is your lord, which is defined any unit picks up the flag lying in the middle of your base. You can change lords, if you want. As soon as you’ve captured your terrain, you go out and fight the other players, keeping in mind the weapons triangle and which units are weak to what. Or you can just beat the crap out of each other!

As your units gain levels, you can class change them into two different and more powerful unit types. You can pick your unit's Class according to the strategy you want to use.

Thanks for any help. Be critical, but don't tear into me like a pack of rabid badgers.

UPDATE: Still seeking advice, but game is now better with better tooltips.

UPDATE: Game now has Pegasus and Wyvren Riders

UPDATE: Less "massing", beter preist model, and soon, better terain. Maybe.

UPDATE: Much different Gameplay, now focused more on class changed units. Added Alternate class changes, with a new dimension to the game. Still haven't fixed dropped items. Soon, better terain!

UPDATE: Still no friggin terain, but I'm tryng out a new addition to make the gameplay more exciting. About 10 min into the game, large armies spawn and attack the middle AOS style. 24 unit limit so there aren't any glitches! Tell me what you think! (I may post both versions seperately)
UPDATE: Trees are now walkable! And Cooler!

Keywords:
Fire Emblem, Fire, Emblem, gameboy, Chuck Norris, Radiant Dawn, advance wars, awesome
Contents

Fire Emblem Wars 2 .0 (Map)

Reviews
02:38, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 18
hmm interesting map.

i kinda liked it. but it's not the best u know..

u could start to improve it, by tryin to get it like the real game.

1) maybe you could change the camera, so that it locks on 1 character. and give a specification on how much it could move, like maybe a timer, or something( i suggest distance between x and y etc...) and give each movement, restrictions so that when you move, you can unlock the camera and then move the camera to another person ( kinda complicated to explain, but easier to show.)

2) maybe, you should focus on the character names and such. it waz disappointing when i had hecto and all them, killing people like dart and Ross. ( my favorite characters :/) you should make people with names ( that are recruitable ) in a neutral player position, unless you have someone that is supposed to be hostile.

3) there are basic errors. like in the beggining, the starting message disppears in like 1 second, so i had no idea what it said. Add a info/quest log thing so that people know what to do.

4) focus on abilities and spelling mistakes too.( it waz sloppy )

i actually liked the way this map handled the characters. ... becauze fire emblem iz so cool.

Level 3
Thanks for playing! And yeah, I know it's not the best.

About your first suggestion, not only is that oustide my capabilities at the momen, but it also goes a little against what I was going for in the game. The idea was that whit if you had actual armies of you fire emblem characters, instead of a few powerful ones. A focus a little less on the individual unit and more on the army as a whole.

For number 2, I understand your complaint. A recruitmen option does exist in fighting the bandits. You have a 1 in 10 chance of recruiting a killed unit. Yeah, I thought some people wouldn't like kiling their favorite characters, so I'm going to add more generic name strings, so this is less likley. I just cannot find a way to edit hero names in triggers. Sorry!

Abaout 3... yeah.... sorry. I suck. I finished the map in a hurry,

And 4, what do you mean, focus on abilities? I tried to make everything passive so it was easier to handle.

There is an ideas forum on this, if you want to look:

Fire Emblem Real Time - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Thanks again!

Level 8
Alright
Well for most of the "Woods" Terrain are actually very empty.
The terrain overall is lacking, More varieties for names for each type of unit would be nice.
A lot could be done to this map, The "Warp" Item costs 200 Mana, What unit has THAT much mana?
Really, the map needs a lot of work, and I'd like to help,
you've done okay so far, keep working on it mate!

Level 3
Right, the terain does need some work, and I'll try to work on that (although I've never been good at that kind of stuff) How can I make the woods look thicker and the mountains craigyer? I mean, are there large scale walkable doodads? Also, the preists and mages do have that much mana, but I'll change that. Finally, do you have any ideas on how to improve gameplay? Any way you want to edit the map, go ahead, but send me the changes.

Level 4
make the bishops use the high elf priest not the blood elf one, bishop is clas change of preist, bishops get light magic, paladin is the class change of the mounted knight (sword, bow, axe, lance), general is also a class change, generals use spears, you forgot the thief class (class change assassin), maybe you should add the ranger class, or the hero class, sage is the class change of the mage and you got to chose either knife or staves, the class change happend at 20th level or you could use the itam at level 10, you should also add the cleric class (which becomes Valkyrie).

Last edited:
Level 3
@leif1: First, I have no idea what preist you're talking about. Second, yeah, I know all that stuff about the technicalities of what each unit actually does in the game, so most of these changes are asthetic. I had to call the preists "bishops" so they could attack. Also, I like the name paladin. It's epic. As for the generals, there aren't any good general modles with spears, and the footman is the best I could find, si he uses swords. I could add theives later, but for all your other suggestions about the extra stuff in the various games, that would make the game much more complicated and less noob freindly, but it would add new stratigec options, I guess. If you can think fo how these new things will add depth to the stratages, by all means, tell me. (Sorry, long post)

@wereguy2- Yeah, I can't ake unique items for each class and make them droppable without a special function which I can't figgure out.

Level 4
warcraft 3 has two priest models when you copy past the exact writing for the model used by the priest unit and set it to use the rain of chaos version you get a priest with white robes not black making it look more like the bishop, also maybe each unit should only get 3 inventory and you could add armor.

Last edited:
Level 4
you could also add a building that upgrades to a lord unit instead of a flag an give the choice of: Hero; Ike's dad, Lord; Ike, Valkyrie; Ike's sister, Thief; Sothe (or what ever his name was), Light Mage (no clue to her name). i've only played one Fire Emblem game and my cousin has 2 so my hero ideas are limited.

Level 1
i like lief1's idea but i would spread it a bit (cause its very limited as he said)

the choice should be between all those lords in the game before(like Hector,Lyn,Eliwood,Eirika,Ephraim,Ike and so on)
and each lord would have his/her own skill/s and evolution

Level 3
First of all, lef, the preist model is awesome and so are you. Second, I've been thinking about a hero, but I personally feel the lord system is a little better. It lets the player level up one hero a lot, so they can have at least one high level unit. Heros oftem become the focal point of strategy, and I want to keep the focus on the group of units. But, I will think about it.

Level 4
you can do that with a murloc model, the sorceress model to, the glaive thrower and the orc catapult, thats all i can remember be able to do that. You could add balistas that require you to have a unit man them to fire them. Oh and i did not mean a hero i ment a unique unit, like the units that already exist but starts stronger.

Last edited:
Level 3
As an update: my freind is working on the terain and asthetic looks of the map right now. I'm going to decreace the unit limit, so yu have more higher level units, and add alternate class changes. Hero, Assasin, Wyvren Knight, Shaman(finally) Valkyre (if I can find a model) Nomad, and Great knight. Right now, hero addition is low on my priorities for ths map. Sorry!

Level 3
I ended up sticking with the archsage, and if anyone asks, it's a fat, old bald woman. Or their mother.

ALTERNATE CLASS CHANGES!!! Now you can change your units depending on the strategy you want your force to use!!! Lower food limit so units lv up faster!!

Level 1
ah nice some of the alternate classes =)
maybe u could add thiefs(they would be a bit like myrmidons with lesser dmg but a lil bit higher speed)?
they would have evasion as their ability(like +5%per level)
class changes: Assasine (0,5% chance for an instant kill(like 20xcrit or something) per lvl)
alternate class:rouge (windwalk with ~30 dmg per lvl)

Level 3
That's a very good idea. But I want the theives to have an item stealing (or at least disabling) ability. And I can't figgure it out. Without the item stealing thig, theives wouldn't have much reason for existance. I really want to have a counter to legendary weapons, so if you have any idea what I could do, tell me!

Level 1
so why dont u add an active skill with the chance of stealing an item?(with 30 secs cooldown maybe, but it should be unable to steal that lord-flag from the enemy)
like...uhm...10~20% fixed?? as an additional skill like evasion for the mages

Level 4
Right, the terain does need some work, and I'll try to work on that (although I've never been good at that kind of stuff) How can I make the woods look thicker and the mountains craigyer? I mean, are there large scale walkable doodads? Also, the preists and mages do have that much mana, but I'll change that. Finally, do you have any ideas on how to improve gameplay? Any way you want to edit the map, go ahead, but send me the changes.

Any doodad is walkable if you make it an elevator.

Level 3
Thanks, I made the trees walkable, and the units walk on them!

actually...

more over them... How can I make them pass through the trees or something?

Anyway, to anyone else interested, I am thinking of tewaking the game to borrow from AOS. ATM the battles are few and far between, but if, after 7-8 min, large comp. controlled armies or non-hero units spawn and run at the middle fort, (they can't capture buildings, though) adding new battles to fight, and letting me reduce the number of units to 12. your army is now the elite strike force. What do you think? I'll post the changes!
As soon as I make them... and I did!
UPDATED

Last edited:
Level 6
I posted what was the truth, it wasn't in a mean manner.
I did not under any circumstances flame, nor did I "hide".
I'm currently purging the map section, and my posts are observed by the map moderator and then he rejects or approves the map based on my post.
I just got to your map, and therefore, I posted.

Also, about the space, it was to make the post look cleaner.
I used it when dealing with a new topic. Just like I did right there.
Also, I types that from an iPhone, which is under no circumstances easy.

Also, you spelt dumbass wrong. 'nuff said.

Last edited:
Level 28
Late troll is late.
Before calling other people a troll, learn the definition of it first.
Cweener is not a troll, and let me tell you one more thing: ever heard about paragraphs?

This is another paragraph, it means that we go to a slightly different topic here.
If this is what you call a "big space", then perhaps you are the one who should learn how to write (not necessarily type) properly, as it is a very common thing.
If you've ever read a book, you should've noticed it's filled with "big spaces", that is: if you have ever read a book.

-2 rep for you.

(By the way: do you have any clue how much you failed just by replying to Cweener's post?)

Last edited:
Level 3
I also misspelled “derogatory”, post” , did not capitalize, used two commas consecutively, grossly mangled and misused the term “flamed”, and used capslock to make my point. (I now wish I had capslocked the entire post. Cruise control for cool!)
My options from here included informing you that PCs are much better than Macs, or claiming that the holocaust was a lie.
I am also aware of the definition of a troll:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trolling
So, thank you Cweener for keepin’ it cool, and ap0colypse?
nom nom nom
Successful troll is successful
Aww! Come on! I’ve only got one rep!
Well, thank you for the fun, and for reviewing my map. I know it leaks, but I don’t program. I just thought it was a fun concept.