• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire-Effect on attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi Guys,

I want to make a unit that use an fire effect on attack (as example like Jaina, antonidas, archmage - the fire at the top of there staffs).

I only know how to attach an effect permamently (exactly like to attach weapons and armors etc.), but I want an effect just for the few secounds that the model Plays the attack Animation.

Hope someone can help me :)

Greez
Vladec

Level 21
You could attach an effect to their attachment point, and remove it later, by using triggers. But first you need to find a fitting effect, and make sure that the attacking model has an attachment point at top of his/her staff.
The simplest way would be to add the fire effect to the model itself. So, say what model is that, and I'll add the effect if you want.

Level 4
Wow, that will be epic :)

I want that following model get burning Hands when they attack - I want to use them as wizards with an attack spell as Standard ranged attack. Best would be an green fire or something like that (chaos-wizardry).

I want to take the melle-attack Animation, and with the burning Hand it Looks like they cast something.

Link to the 3 model-files: (they arn't from the hive-ressource; hope it is not against the rules to post them here? Nowehere see that this is forbidden, but who knows? :S
https://mega.co.nz/#!RtYEmAZJ!oGZ7FJKOMP4fUSnBvPrfImEOAPPc5NSfqGfG3_BxqMI
https://mega.co.nz/#!1sRkRJCB!Z2IckN0XRvw6iJ9gydKbqFaJTPEgfOGx1EdVdkdQR1Q
https://mega.co.nz/#!41wiwTTA!ftZCM22vemnGX_NDp5mYCsT2rEcuGLnbrb-vUyKH84o

Greez
Vladec

Level 4
Do you have the permission to alter the model?

Do I need a permission for adding a small specialeffect? Isn't that a bit
unreasonable?

Don't know, I had never worked wirh custom models before... :S

edit: got the permission for the harpy-model, for the other I'm waiting on a answer atm

Last edited:
Level 21
Do I need a permission for adding a small specialeffect? Isn't that a bit
unreasonable?

Don't know, I had never worked wirh custom models before... :S

edit: got the permission for the harpy-model, for the other I'm waiting on a answer atm
You might also want to add textures that accompany those models. You can attach them to your post here. Just click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Also, since these are most likely Wow models, they have a dozen of attack animations. Do you want fire effects on all of those animations?

Level 4
You might also want to add textures that accompany those models. You can attach them to your post here. Just click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Also, since these are most likely Wow models, they have a dozen of attack animations. Do you want fire effects on all of those animations?

Oh, sorry, I did not know that you Need the textures too :D sry, I'm a noob in modelling ;)

I Need the Fire-attack just on a small amout of animations.

DarkHarpy Model:
"Spell Channel"
"Stand Channel"
"Spell"
"Spell Throw"
"Attack 1"
"Spell Channel Throw"

NagaAzshara:
"Attack 1" (staff)
"Spell Ready"
"Spell"
"Stand Channel"

Mage/Dancer("Test"-Version of the mdx, inside there are 2 mdx-files):
"Spell Ready"
"Spell"
"Stand ready"
"Attack"

@Callahan/CakeMaster
I try to made an ability with an fire effect that is attachet at the weapon/Hand, but the Point of the weapon seems to be at the Center of the staff (not at the top) and with the Hands I had the Problem that the effect is correctly shown during all Animationtime... I've try a lot of possibility, but never with a nice result. Maybe I just have'nt the skills for that or it's not possible to do this with effect like I immagine...

Attachments

• HighborneNagaAzshara.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 44
  • Mage_BY_VAANEL.rar
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
  • The Dark Harpy.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
Level 21
@LordVladec Those models are Wow rips(or based on them). For example, that harpy model currently has 132 animations, and most of them are not usable(invisible in warcraft 3). If I remove some animations, it would make my work easier, and most importantly, it would reduce the enormous file size. So, can I remove and rename some animations? I don't plan to remove usable animations, just some that are usable only in Wow like laugh, cry dance, drink, jump, kiss, salute, sit...

Level 4
@CakeMaster: Hm, okay, I know what you mean, but I never worked with this :S I think this is a bit laborious for Standard Units that I will use in versious map... But I will Keep It in mind for later/other circumstances :)

@Apathetic: Of course, I wanted anyway delete some animations before I use the model. I thought I will not give you this extra work and I do it myself, but if it is easier for you I'm all the more glad when the WoW stuff is gone.

Level 4
Thats more as enought for my purposes, thank you very much :)

About the permission for the other models... I don't know, I got no answer :( But I asked if he don't want that I let edit his models, in this cause no answer means yes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.