• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Finer Editor Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I am trying to place a Circle of Power on my map and I need to be very precise about where it is placed. When I select it and drag it around, it seems like it "jumps" a distance so it's always too far left, or too far right. This doesn't happen when I drag a unit around. When dragging a unit, I can move them like 1 unit along the x or y axis and I can place them exactly where I want them.

I've looked at several fields but can't work out how to be specific about unit placement. I've tried toggling:
Stats - Is a Building = False
Pathing - Collision Size = 0.00
Movement - Type = Fly
Editor - Use Click Helper = False

I could create a unit and change the model to a Circle of Power, but I've run into this issue many of times with buildings, destructibles, doodads, etc and would like to understand the root problem. Anyone have any idea?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
It's the pathing map. If your object has a pathing map it has to align with the pathing grid.

Change "Pathing - Pathing Map" to none. To be abke to see that field you have to set Stats - Is a Building = True. After changing the pathing map you can revert to Stats - Is a Building = False again.

Level 16
I just checked and the pathing map is set to None though it's placement is still picky. I changed it to a unit after modifying this field and I can now move it freely.

I guess to move something freely, it needs to be a non-building and have Pathing Map to None?

Status
Not open for further replies.