• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Find location and move unit there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello! Guys/girls, i got problems with my trigger, i want to move unit to some location offset by (let's say 10) and towards (let's say 240 degrees), but i also want to play that unit animation during its moving. I'm new to JASS to i don't really know hot to do that, i searched a lot of forums but still...
Okay so i did this
  • Custom script: call SetUnitX( udg_Caster , GetUnitX(udg_Caster) )
  • Custom script: call SetUnitY( udg_Caster , GetUnitY(udg_Caster) )
But as i know (hopefully) it should look something like that:
  • Custom script: SetUnitX(udg_Caster),GetUnitX(udg_Caster)+udg_Range*Cos(udg_Angle)
  • Custom script: SetUnitY(udg_Caster),GetUnitY(udg_Caster)+udg_Range*Sin(udg_Angle)
I get syntax error in here ^^ Any help?

But i need to know where and how to add distance and angle (if i did it wrong)? and why do i need to make angle in radians only?
Also i need a third script that finally move Caster to the point.
Hope i told everything clear and you'll easily understand!
Help is really appreciated!

Level 37
What baassee said.

In GUI (bj functions), angles are in degrees, in JASS (non-bj functions) angles are in radians.

SetUnitX(udg_Caster[udg_Index3]),GetUnitX(udg_Caster[udg_Index3])+udg_Speed[udg_Index3]*Cos(udg_Angle[udg_Index] * bj_DEGTORAD)

->
SetUnitX(udg_Caster[udg_Index3],GetUnitX(udg_Caster[udg_Index3])+udg_Speed[udg_Index3]*Cos(udg_Angle[udg_Index] * bj_DEGTORAD))

Remove the first ")" and add one ")" at the very end.

Level 12
Strange...
Could you guys test
SetUnitX(udg_Caster[udg_Index3],GetUnitX(udg_Caster[udg_Index3])+udg_Speed[udg_Index3]*Cos(udg_Angle[udg_Index] * bj_DEGTORAD))
line in your WE or some program.
Coz if you say that this is right then it must work.
Edit: okay it's getting late and i need to learn a bit, so see you tomorrow.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Every opeing brackets "(" needs a closing brackets ")"

Functions take all thair arguments as a list within brackets.

call DSG(1,2,3)

Brackets can also be used like in mathematics to change the order code gets executed.
call DSG(1,2,(4+5)/3)

You can do completly retarded brackets as well
call DSG(((1)),(2),((4+5)/3))
as long as they all match up.

You also often need to pass a function as an argument to another function which again takes a list of arguments between brackets.
call DSG(pro(1),good(2),error(doublenested(8,6)))
As long as the functions with the approtiate arguments exist, the above is valid as well.

Well here's a examble of how you could do it.
JASS:
local real X = GetUnitX( udg_Caster[ udg_Index3 ] )
local real Y = GetUnitY( udg_Caster[ udg_Index3 ] )
call SetUnitX( udg_Caster[ udg_Index3 ], X + udg_Speed[ udg_Index3 ] * Cos( udg_Angle[ udg_Index ] * bj_DEGTORAD ) )
call SetUnitY( udg_Caster[ udg_Index3 ], Y + udg_Speed[ udg_Index3 ] * Sin( udg_Angle[ udg_Index ] * bj_DEGTORAD ) )

NOTE: Locals are always effective, and easily implemented to GUI / Jass.
Just remember that they need to be in the very beginning of the trigger, otherwise you'll get a error.

Also~ Always remember to make clear triggers, simple examble here...
JASS:
// ##### ##### #####
// TEMPLATE A
//   Use this Template instead of Template B.
//
local real oPosX = GetUnitX( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ] )      // Return unit's X position..
local real oPosY = GetUnitY( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ] )      // ..and Y position.
local real oPosA = GetUnitFacing( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ] ) // Examble Angle, the unit's angle.
local real oMovS = 15                                       // The speed, you can use udg_* also in it.

call SetUnitX( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ], oPosX + oMovS * Cos( oPosA * bj_DEGTORAD ) )
call SetUnitY( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ], oPosY + oMovS * Sin( oPosA * bj_DEGTORAD ) )

// ##### ##### #####
// TEMPLATE B
//   Use Template A instead of this.
//
call SetUnitX( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ], GetUnitX( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ] ) + udg_oSpeed[ udg_oIndex ] * Cos( udg_oAngle[ udg_oIndex ] * bj_DEGTORAD ) )
call SetUnitY( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ], GetUnitY( udg_oUnit[ udg_oIndex ] ) + udg_oSpeed[ udg_oIndex ] * Sin( udg_oAngle[ udg_oIndex ] * bj_DEGTORAD ) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.