• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Find Center Coordinates On An Object Within An MDX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm using "war3 model editor" on the boatmissle mdx because i wanted to create an attachment point of "Origin" to it... but it has a flame coming out of it's top that offsets the center of the actual round ball so i need to change the node coordinates but i'm not sure of the best way to find this other than typing in a number, importing it and launching the map to see if a graphic looks centered.. Because "War3 Model Editor" doesn't seem to have a grid or something at the bottom of the screen that lets me know my mouse arrow's XYZ.

Anyone have a better way?

This is the only model prog i have. dont have 3dsmax

Level 4
okay, i see what the problem was. it is centered. i was using bigbadvoodoo and it would seem offcenter so i tried barkskin and that looks perfectly centered since the graphic has a nice centerpoint.

thanks a lot.
I was wondering if you knew the answer to one more thing. You know how this model i'm looking at is a small missle unit.. well when i increase it's size to roughly the size of a Paladin unit, graphics that i attach are huge.

also, some graphics attached to this particular model rotate since the model rotates.

i'm trying to make a bomb out of this unit since it looks like one.

Level 27
WC3 will size up attachments relative to the size of their attachment points, which are effected when changing the scaling value in WC3. Perhaps you could try manually sizing the unit up via scaling in Magos, however that might cause rotation bugs since the bones aren't affected as well.
I thought there was a program for this, but I can't recall the name..
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.