• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

File Image Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Heyas, im making a system basicly, and i wonder if someone already found a solution, when using the " - File (Image) " variable it says Missing String "", and when i apply it it gets blank. I do index it.

• Variable - Set CharNewUnitTooltip[2] = "Zealot"
  • Variable - Set CharNewUnitType[2] = Zealot
  • Variable - Set CharNewImage[11] = Assets\Textures\btn-unit-protoss-zealot.dds
  • Variable - Set CharNewUnitTooltip[3] = "Viking"
  • Variable - Set CharNewUnitType[3] = Viking (Assault Mode)
  • Variable - Set CharNewImage[12] = Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-vikingassault.dds
  • General - For each integer i from 2 to 6 with increment 1, do (Actions)
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Create a Button for Dialog (Last created dialog) with the dimensions (80, 80) anchored to Center with an offset of (-100, (110 - (70 * i))) setting the tooltip to (Text(CharNewUnitTooltip[0])) with button text "" and the hover image set to ""
      • Variable - Set CharNewItems[i] = (Last created dialog item)
  • General - For each integer i from 11 to 15 with increment 1, do (Actions)
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Create an Image for Dialog (Last created dialog) with the dimensions (64, 64) anchored to Center with an offset of (-100, (110 - (70 * i))) setting the tooltip to "" using the image CharNewImage[i] as a Normal type with tiled set to false tint color White and blend mode Normal
      • Variable - Set CharNewItems[i] = (Last created dialog item)
Yes, the cords does work, its just the image.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Obviously you are not providing it with the "" paranthes which tell it that the text between is to turn into a string (which represents a path in this case) and not a number or expression.

Basically there is no such thing as a Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-vikingassault.dds or a Assets\Textures\btn-unit-protoss-zealot.dds
you will have to difine those variables yourself (which will be impossible due to the syntax of them).

However you are after a string, namingly
"Assets\Textures\btn-unit-protoss-zealot.dds"
"Assets\Textures\btn-unit-terran-vikingassault.dds"

I am suprized this was giving you difficulty, it is the same for all programming languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.