• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fighting system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How i would make a fighting system that's familiar to the system in Heroes of Genesia yet kind of like the way Soul Calibur works. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 10
well, i know how Hereos of Genisia could work(notice i said COULD, not sure HOW) is that you can have a dummy ability like berserk that has a cooldown of attack speed, remove attack from the hero, make the button position and icon at the attack command(where the attack command USED to be)and use triggers to find out the hero's attack damage and set the damage to be based off that, dont understand? ill make a test map.

Level 3
now what about making it like soul calibur like being able to launch a foe into the air, or something like critical finishes in soul calibur 4

Level 10
i could try, wait a sec, so far, i havent thought of a way. Im not that good of a triggerer, but what i think is to create a special effect based on the model of the unit your using the skill on, using a impale-based ability to make that unit disappear for a fewseconds, while having a hero with a jump attack animation(like blademaster, but higher)

Last edited:
Level 3
How bringing them up into the air then hitting them a bunch of times then slamming them back down with a big explosion!!

Level 12
Isn't there an adjust flying level trigger? Havn't been there in long, but im pretty sure its under animation or something. Then just make the flame strike after-effect? Dont know about the hitting part.

Level 3
How to do i make things appear in a line as if they for the end of a combo. example: a line of molten stalagmites

Status
Not open for further replies.