• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Few questions on hero selection system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, i want to make for my map the hero selection system like in the map NanoSurvivalORPG_0.95.
I want to make the images of hero icons on terrain, and the big one for hero model, so i'm wondering how to create the image, i tried using triggers, but no use, i can't even show the image (it doesn't create image), and also how to select it. Or is this made through units, and the image is model, if so why when i select it it's selected with a purple square not a green circle. Here's a screenshot of that map when selecting hero.
92688d1289942797-few-questions-hero-selection-system-screenshot.png

I would also like to know where can i get those models, and author to give credits.

Yeah i know there are a lot of selection systems here, but not like that, i guess. So I'd appreciate any help. +rep to helpers.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    595.3 KB · Views: 217
Level 12
Ok so i understand, but can i ask something else how do i put an image with trigger onto region. Because i couldn't do it.
I used this trigger:
  • Create Image
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Image - Create an image using ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMyIcon.BLP of size 64.00 at (Center of MyRegion <gen>) with Z offset 0.00 using image type Indicator
      • Image - Show (Last created image)

Level 12
If you'll make it then i think i'll test it and if it will work then +rep into credits and one more thing i hope it won't require JNPG, because all links are broken and i can't get it. Btw, i started a new thread for link of JNPG, so i guess i'll get it.
And if this is hero selection i think i'll be able to replace icons with buttons i need for modes. Oh have no idea about JASS or vJASS. Well if I'll need help with it I will contact you... Hopefully...

Level 22
What all are broken? Have you even checked this one?

Link

This tutorial is also very nice!

Second link

It will be simple, just need to change what will happen when you click the icon and when you hover with the cursor over it :D although there is a problem, check the triggers and script forum, my thread about trackables and you'll see a preview and the failure in one piece.

Level 12
Already got answer for Dr. Boom.
What all are broken? Have you even checked this one?

Link

This tutorial is also very nice!

Second link
yeah those too.

It will be simple, just need to change what will happen when you click the icon and when you hover with the cursor over it :D although there is a problem, check the triggers and script forum, my thread about trackables and you'll see a preview and the failure in one piece.
ok lets see...

Status
Not open for further replies.