• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Selecting heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Could someone help me make a hero selection system that makes it so people in a hero selection area walk onto a circle of power to choose that hero, and when someone selects a hero that circle and the hero is removed from selection, making only 1 type of hero at a time. But thats not all, my map will include 3 teams the heroes will be sorted out by their team, and alliances created when selection a hero for that team. Also another feature is vital, I need to have it so teams are balanced when selecting heroes, a way could be if someone joins team 2, it would remove all the circles of power for selecting team 2, once a player joins team 1, it will enable both team 1 and 2 from selection, once both teams have 2 players, a 3rd team will be enabled for selection. I will give credit to whomever helps me

Edit: if you need anymore information or a screenshot, please tell me

Level 2
As far as picking heros when someone moves over a circle of power i can think of two ways to do it. You could have the event be "When selector collides with circle of power XXXX" or you could create a region at the circle and have the event be "When selector enters region(the one you made)"

Hope that helps.

Level 4
how do i make it so that when both teams 1 and 2 have atleast 1 member on the team, it enables selection of team 3?

Level 2
If i understand the problem then this will work

Create 2 variables of the type boolean named team1 and team2 respectively, both set to false.

For all team 1 heroes have the pick triggers do an action that set team1=true
For all team 2 heroes have the pick triggers do an action that set team2=true

Make a trigger that looks like this
View attachment untitled.bmp
Then have it activate whatever triggers allow team 3 heroes to be picked.
You should probably add a message that tells people that they can be team 3.

Good luck with your map

Level 4
How do i make it so that when a player joins team 1 by choosing a hero for that team, it disables anyone from picking any heroes for team 1, once a player selects a hero on team 2, it unlocks all 3 teams to be able to be selected. i also need a trigger that makes it so teams can not have more than 3 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.