• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Feral Worgen (Meaty Worgen Units)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
There are a lot of great Worgen models on this site, but a problem I'm having is not a lot of them are very beefy. You mostly see footmen, peasants and spellcasters. You don't see any big, lumbering MFers that can fill unit roles like orc grunts or abominations.

That's what I'm requesting here.

I'd really like it if someone out there could hear my plea, and make some big, beefy worgen models. You can take it in whatever direction you'd personally like, I'd just like to set out some defined goals.

Here's a model from WoW (and a static screencap below) so you can get a good idea of the general look/feel I'm going for.
cPiuc96.png

Last edited:
Level 18
Here's another absolutely superb model by WhiteWolf8, The Worgen Knight.

One thing I really love about this model is the head, it's got the perfect style. The mane you usually see on a lot of wolf models is taken off, leaving a nice, clean looking head.

Attachments

• Worgen Knight.jpg
    Worgen Knight.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 322
Level 6
Use the worgen models here and reskin them using flesh wolf, it's all on the hive. See the effect yourself.

Level 18

Yes, that's right up my alley! I also found a really good model in the "substandard" section. Excellent for a beefy feral worgen model.

But I think my ideal, perfect worgen model would be if someone took Morgan Ironhand, took off his iron hand, made his fur black and added a bit more girth to the back of his head so it doesn't have that weird gap. Maybe I should ask @Proxy if it's okay to have someone edit the model like that.

Level 51
Yes, that's right up my alley! I also found a really good model in the "substandard" section. Excellent for a beefy feral worgen model.

But I think my ideal, perfect worgen model would be if someone took Morgan Ironhand, took off his iron hand, made his fur black and added a bit more girth to the back of his head so it doesn't have that weird gap. Maybe I should ask @Proxy if it's okay to have someone edit the model like that.

There you go. I also updated the animations a little bit, just a few little fixes.

Attachments

• WorgenWarrior.mdx
    128.1 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.