• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Female Tauren Chieftain

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
@Hardtime asked me for a model of a female tauren chief, so I made one. This model is based on Akama and doesn't use custom textures.
Previews
Contents

Female Tauren Chieftain (Model)

Female Tauren Chieftain Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
There are still a lot of unused animation tracks, materials and other issues with the model...
Level 49
This is a fantastic model, and I think it's my favourite interpretation of a female Tauren to date, especially considering the in-game textures!
That said, the biggest flaw here are the animations. "Draenei" just doesn't make sense for a Tauren, they're far too quick and agile. Something heavier would have been better in my opinion. And another point of criticism I felt is pertinent is that she is too thin. Especially compared to the in-game Tauren, she just looks tiny.

Level 15
This is a fantastic model, and I think it's my favourite interpretation of a female Tauren to date, especially considering the in-game textures!
That said, the biggest flaw here are the animations. "Draenei" just doesn't make sense for a Tauren, they're far too quick and agile. Something heavier would have been better in my opinion. And another point of criticism I felt is pertinent is that she is too thin. Especially compared to the in-game Tauren, she just looks tiny.
When I tried to make it bigger this model was too similar to a male tauren, and I wanted to highlight the gender and I also wanted to add a more agile character to the tauren race

Level 7
That's a really cool Female Tauren model, especially that we don't have many of them! That was said but with the model being this small it just looks odd. You can try making some changes in model itself to highlight the gender and then making it bigger

Last edited:

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13

I agree with this on basically every point. The attack animations are especially strange looking given what she is supposed to be. Why only a one-handed attack for a TC? Isn't he/she supposed to be wielding a halberd or poleaxe of some kind?

That being said, creating a female TC is a tough challenge. I won't rate right now, but if I were I would probably give it a 2 or 3 out of 5. The model looks good as a screenshot but needs some love to make it a viable in-game model.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
No matter what, I am just loving that you continue pumping out a good set of Tauren models; you're singlehandedly fleshing out that wonderful race and it's grand. : ) Are you still looking for ideas?

I do also think it's a good model, and especially for something so incredibly lacking here (female Tauren). My only 'true' issue is the Dissipate anim (at least in the Viewer) is borked.

That being said, I largely agree with Deolrin and a few others; the Draenei anims seem rather strange on a Tauren, especially one wielding a halberd like this. Part of it is the speed; I know you were trying to make her look different but I fear you may have taken it too far. Is there a way to 'slow down' the animations somehow, just to make them a little less frenetic?

I'm also kinda of the opinion that she could use a little less TC. Don't get me wrong, TC is hugely important but she's positively glowing with it in places, and could probably be fine (better, even) with a little less.

Finally, I will say I'd be interested to see what this would look like if you weren't trying to provide a fem-version of the Tauren Chieftain; replacing the halberd with a more fitting weapon (maybe a flail? a whip? a curved spear?), replacing the oversize totem on her back (a cape? a cowl? smaller totems?), etc. Not to replace this one, but as an alternate version.

Keep it up!

There are still a lot of unused animation tracks, materials and other issues with the model.

Please optimize the model and get rid of the unused tracks. You can use this tool: MDLX Optimizer
The dissipate animation is also faulty for a Tauren model. The model should move up during that animation. It does not, but it should.
Furthermore some animation have some mayor clipping issues. It looks awkward when the axe goes through her shoulder or when she grabs through her face.