• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Female Grunt (and derivatives)

Models of female grunt orc I've made from original Night Elf runner.

I widened the face, flattened and raised the nose and increased the size of the jaw. I also enlarged her body, especially her shoulders and muscles in her arms and legs. All this to make her more orcish.

UPDATE 03/10/21 :
I made some big changes on these models to make them look more orcish (see the comparison screenshot); By starting from the same base I made the body more stocky and muscular. I further accentuated the features of the face; a heavier jaw, upturned lips revealing teeth ... etc. I also changed the animations to have a feeling of heavier and wilder movement. I finally improved the armor set a bit and corrected the skins.
Also, as some of you suggested, I removed the team color from the haircut, it looks more natural now.

Update 27/10/21 :
Fixed some small animation issues on the lips
Previews
Contents

Female grunt (Model)

Female grunt portrait (Model)

Female grunt with helmet (Model)

Female grunt with helmet portrait (Model)

Female Mag'har (Model)

Female Mag'har portrait (Model)

Female Shattered Hand (Model)

Female Shattered Hand portrait (Model)

icons - female Mag'har (Icon)

icons - female orc (Icon)

icons - Shattered Hand (Icon)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Very useful model.
Level 13
Wow, awesome.
Though I suggest keeping the green one's hair black regardless of team color, and the mag'har one's white or brown.
Anyway just dropped by to leave a like.

Level 34
So, really ... again just high quality-stuff that you deliver here. It is getting boring just to write what a beautiful model it is again and the animations work for me too...:xxd:
Only the attack animation with the green orc woman and the maghar does not fit 100% with them using an ax.
In the case of the lady from the Shattered Hand Clan, it fits perfectly again.
But that's complaining at an absolutely high level and nothing seriously important. That would be complete nonsense.

Wow, awesome.
Though I suggest keeping the green one's hair black regardless of team color, and the mag'har one's white or brown.
Anyway just dropped by to leave a like.

Adding TC in the hair is ok, but it is a bit bright. Maybe darkening the base hair would make a more natural colour for an orc (red is fine, sure, but neon blue is a bit weird).

Level 13
Adding TC in the hair is ok, but it is a bit bright. Maybe darkening the base hair would make a more natural colour for an orc (red is fine, sure, but neon blue is a bit weird).
Tbh with red hair, they look more like Trolls, rather than Orcs.

Level 12
Good job on creating female orcs.

I have a small suggestion: If possible move the angle in which she holds the axe. Something like on this picture. Makes it more natural to the way she holds her arm.
imgur.com

Tbh with red hair, they look more like Trolls, rather than Orcs.

Yeah, that's why I suggested darkening it.

Darkening the hair would involve add two more skin maps and so increase the model weight. But for those who doesn't like the team color hair, I just added a version with helmet

Good job on creating female orcs.

I have a small suggestion: If possible move the angle in which she holds the axe. Something like on this picture. Makes it more natural to the way she holds her arm.
imgur.com

Sorry but its too much work and it could break the animation, plus I don't feel the original animation needs improvement

These are freakin great but there is no sound set that goes good with them!

In my language, the female satyr voice is quite good, have a try ! But the lip sync will work only with sentry voice...

Darkening the hair would involve add two more skin maps and so increase the model weight. But for those who doesn't like the team color hair, I just added a version with helmet.

I thought they were custom textures. It looks fine with TC, pink/blue look a bit weird but that's it.

Level 9
Darkening the hair would involve add two more skin maps and so increase the model weight. But for those who doesn't like the team color hair, I just added a version with helmet

Sorry but its too much work and it could break the animation, plus I don't feel the original animation needs improvement

In my language, the female satyr voice is quite good, have a try ! But the lip sync will work only with sentry voice...

Nice! Will give it a shot!

Level 21
Could you make a Fel Orc version please?

Would be a large help and would be very useful for the Fel Horde.

Level 21
The female fel orc is coming very soon :wink:. I already created the model for the rider of the dragonmaw Sky stalker, I just have to fix the animations

That would be very useful man and could be really handy with the Fel Orc Grunt too so you can have both gender Fel Orcs in the Fel Horde.
And it didn't make much sense there was only male Fel Orcs in Burning Crusade, while in another certain expansion there was both genders of Fel Orcs...
Meh...

I just wanna say I love the mode, pleas make more
Thanks for your feedbacks. If you like the female orcs, I would love to have your feedback on the derivative by clans I plan for the future :