• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Felwood Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Welcome guys!

Before we begin: this is my first map, so please tell me if there is anything wrong (of course there is a lot) and also what is good (if there is). Thanks!

Map info:

Camps:

Green: 6
Orange: 7
Red: 4

This map has an unique creep mercenary (in the middle) where players can buy strong units for a high cost. Also there are 2-2 towers at the beggining of the game for each player. (2 top 2 bot)

Keywords:
Felwood, Forest, Warcraft 3, melee, Negir, map
Contents

Felwood Forest (Map)

Reviews
Date: 14:03:18 12-Aug-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Rejected 1/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Rejection Reasons: Map has poor or no description! Map has low quality terrain! Useful Links: The Important...

M

Date: 14:03:18 12-Aug-12
Map Moderator: -Kobas-
Map Status: Rejected 1/5
Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!

Rejection Reasons:
Map has poor or no description!
Map has low quality terrain!

Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: This isn't melee map.

Level 15
Full Review Emerges

Well I could already see problems by looking at the editor. For a melee map, you must ensure that you get a cross sword emblem on the player numbers on a map, otherwise, it would be considered another type of map or altered melee. To achieve this, you must know that you cannot touch anything on the trigger, sound, and object editors, you could detect the following problems of the disqualification of a melee map on the lower right corner of the editor, do so fix this.

Also, another matter is that you cannot be biased on a melee map, setting units owned by players will automatically considered as a disqualification for a melee setting, remove the towers and orc burrows.

For terraining, melee map are usually composed of simpler terrains, most people focuses on making a balanced game rather delivering a beautiful terrain. For a quick hint, ensure that the environment itself is purely natural, yours as of now is very unnatural; crates lined up together, trees are somewhat lined too, and doodads are lacking, place different doodads on the entire map to keep it fresh. Also, ensure that cliffs or water are around the map, this way, it'll be less awkward to see boundaries when all trees are cut down.

For creeps, make sure they are not very close together, add item drops especially for the big ones should be atleast 2-3 item drops, and reduce creep count on the red ones. Make sure that they are set to 'Camp' exception for the Goldmine creeps.

Obviously, this need tons of work, I won't be rating this until I see actual improvement.

For more help however, here's some useful links for tutorials for a melee map.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-278/how-create-melee-maps-187652/index2.html
http://chaosrealm.info/topic/7962881/1/#new