1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fel Pollution

Submitted by WolfFarkas
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Fel Pollution

Description

Guldan followers have decided to conquer this lands by using fel to corrupt life. They must be stopped, perhaps your enemies will also aid you to achieve that, you can slain them later.

Neutral Buildings

-1 tavern
-6 expandings (4 orange, 4 red)
-4 goblin labs
-4 goblin merchants
-4 merc. camps.

Creeps

-16 green
-20 orange
-4 red

Map Layout

[​IMG]

Updates

1) Added some trees in the center, decided to do the map layout. Ajusted red creeps in main bases (minimap showed orangre green split).
Contents

Fel Pollution (Map)

Reviews
mafe
The map looks good from a gameplay perspective. The kotg would like some more trees in the central areas, but there are at least some. On the other hand, I like the look of the "walls" in the center which are using variable cliff level, and it's hard...
  1. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The map looks good from a gameplay perspective. The kotg would like some more trees in the central areas, but there are at least some. On the other hand, I like the look of the "walls" in the center which are using variable cliff level, and it's hard to have both these and many trees. Nothing else that stand out for me.
    Map approved.

Regarding visuals, I still wonder why you are investing so much effort into the corners and edges of the map, which will barely be visible ingame. I'm not complaining though ;)
    I'm not a fan of the red-vs-green contrast, but that's of course a matter of personal taste.
    These green-water-outflow-tubes are something I cant remember seeing before, nice that you found them.

2. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1- thanks.
    2- got it.
    3- thanks.
    4- what it seems much effort it doest, I am against effort, I put doodads in such way that I cover it easy look:
    I dont want cliff to be spot of zepeling unload, or NE warden hero blink spot.

upload_2019-8-25_10-36-38.png

5- I am not fan of pure red maps. Green red contrast can be read in the minimap. Mono-color minimaps makes it hard to read.

6- dungeon tile props sewers, actually this is a dungeon map mixed with outland tiles and felwood,.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019