• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Orc - Archer

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Fel Orcs - Archer
"Aim for the head, umbal!"

Although the spear is the orcs' favored ranged weapon, there are some who prefer the subtleties of archery.
Where the humans and elves of Azeroth demonstrate their skill and precision (some more, some less), the orcs are more about sheer power!
Their bestial strength allows orcs to wield war bows that humans and night elves would be unable to draw.
And in doing so, they are achieving ranges and penetration powers that are worrying. And that, coupled with their instinctive hunting skills,
makes the archers incredibly dangerous as hunters of the Fel Orcs in Outland.
Through years of perpetual warfare and struggling for survival, the Fel Orc-Archers have developed a level of precision and penetrating power
that allows them to use their arrows to knock a knight in full armor off his horse with ease.

This model is the "base model" for the Fel Orcs Archers, so to speak.
I'm also working on derivatives for the Archer which, like my Fel Orc-Grunt derivatives,
are meant to represent the surviving Fel Orc clans in Burning Crusade.
So
stay tuned...
Previews
Contents

Fel Orc - Archer (Model)

Fel Orc - Archer (Icons) (Icon)

Fel Orc - Archer (Portrait) (Model)

Level 16
Amazing! But I got to ask why do everyone that make archers decide to use that stance? :D
Have you no pity for the back pain he will have standing like that :D
I think someone at Blizzard decided that hunched over archers with scoliosis look sneaky/stealthy. So when you copy the archer animations to a new model, the new archer's going to be hunched, too (as I understand it).

@Raddazong Nice job, as usual! Love the helmet :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Nice. With what we all ready have and the sirge in love for the fell orc I might be able to get enough stuff together to make a full on fell orc race and not have to just reskin the trolls into dark trolls

Level 34
Amazing! But I got to ask why do everyone that make archers decide to use that stance? :D
Have you no pity for the back pain he will have standing like that :D
Honest answer? I tried the upright position, which was used in the beta and found it just...meh.
It looks like you go hunting comfortably on a Sunday in the private forest property or on the training ground of the archery club. And not how to behave on the battlefield. And I didn't like the attack animation. It was all too casual.
Have you ever drawn a 160/180 lb English longbow? Instead of standing there straight, you actually lean into the longbow to draw more power from your back muscles. They should stand up straight when the fight is over.^^
@Raddazong Nice job, as usual! Love the helmet :thumbs_up:
Thanks man, me too. 😁
Nice. With what we all ready have and the sirge in love for the fell orc I might be able to get enough stuff together to make a full on fell orc race and not have to just reskin the trolls into dark trolls
Yes. So we now have a complete unit grid together here. The selection is still quite linear, but nothing stands in the way of a complete Fel Orc race.
This Archer reminds me of the Fel Orc Mob in Shattered Hills.
Did you mean the Shattered Halls? 😉
Running the gauntlet before Blood Guard Porung?

Level 8
You already told me that he was coming, but I have to say he is amazing ! Love him !

Level 16
Have you ever drawn a 160/180 lb English longbow? Instead of standing there straight, you actually lean into the longbow to draw more power from your back muscles. They should stand up straight when the fight is over.^^
Indeed...here's Joe Gibbs shooting a 160 lb warbow. He's definitely not standing straight, but he's also not hunched over like WC3 archers are (not a criticism of your work, just pointing out that WC3 has slightly odd animations for archers).
1648146301684.png